Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Favorite Movie Quotes (and your favorite movies of 2005))

The Movie Monkey visited my Thursday 13 and commented on the movie "elf". Well, that opened a flood of quotes from that movie. (If you haven't seen it, you must. If you won't see it because...God forbid you don't like *whisper* Will Ferrill (that hurts me just to think of it)...again, you must! It is so funny. Of course, my mom says she doesn't have to watch it since Jacob, my brother and I quote it every time we're together. Anywho...don't let that stop you! :p

I stopped back by The Movie Monkey
and found this...Movie Question of the Day #1
What is one of your favorite movie quotes?

Jacob and I were on that. We only left a few, but have our list and are going back. So visit The Movie Monkey or leave your comments with me, and I'll send them over. (Melinda, remember you have to do some work today, but it's your time to shine. ;p)

I just stopped back by and found...Movie Question of the Day #2 If you were the one picking one of the Oscars, what 5 films would you nominate for Best Picture of 2005?

11 Comments:

Blogger Tiffany said...

Hey! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love love love comments! Welcome to TT!

1:43 PM  
Blogger The Movie Monkey said...

Thanks for the post, Kimmy & Jacob! You guys rock! And just for you two (three counting Snickers), here's another of Will Ferrell's great movie lines, from Anchorman:

I'm kind of a big deal around here.

His cheesy cockiness is so funny! I don't like all of his movies, but he has to be one of my favorite goofy guys because he gets SOOOOO into his parts.

Looking forward to your picks for 2005.

TMM

10:21 PM  
Blogger The Movie Monkey said...

And how could I forget my all-time favorite quote from Elf:

"You sit on a throne of lies!"

I nearly fell out of my seat I was laughing so hard.

TMM

10:24 PM  
Anonymous Melinda said...

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli" -The Godfather

10:01 AM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

favorite "elf" quotes:

-Ooh! What's a Christmasgram? I want one.

-Fransisco, that's fun to say...Fransisco.

-(*huge burp*)Did you hear that?

-(Answer to the question, "Do you like sugar?") Is there sugar in syrup? Then YES!

-SANTA! I know him!

-You stink. You don't smell like Santa. You smell like beef and cheese. YOu sit on a throne of lies. (HA!)

-The yellow ones don't stop.

(I could go on...and on...and on...)

10:10 AM  
Anonymous Melinda said...

Best Picture of the year: Wedding Crashers. Hilarious!!

10:55 AM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

The one and only Steve Martin in "The Jerk"

I was born a poor black child.

The new phone book's here. The new phone book's here. This is the kind of spontaneous publicity I need. My name in print. That really makes somebody. Things are going to start happening to me now.

(I will need two pieces of identification.)
Ah, yes! I have my temporary driver's license...and...my astronaut application form... I didn't pass that though, I failed everything but the date of birth.

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Shannon said...

My favorite was Walk the Line!! Absolutely the best movie in 2005!!!

8:19 PM  
Anonymous froggirl5794 said...

movie quote would be "if you don't have anything nice to say come sit by me" love that.

3:05 PM  
Anonymous Mia said...

March of the Penguins

10:40 PM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

Best Picture of 2005:

March of the Penguins (What actor could do that!)

Bad News Bears

Batman Begins (Jacob)

40-Year-Old Virgin (obviously Kimmy's pick)

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (Jacob loved it. Kimmy hated it! Why mess with a masterpiece? :p)

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home