Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Jacob Disproves Theory

Most of my life I've believed that if you burp, fart and sneeze at the sametime you will die. I've had no reason not to believe this theory...no evidence to disprove it. My very first crush warned me...so it had to be true.

It was summer. I was with my best-friend, Sara, and her family on their boat. Her older brother, Brian, was my first crush. I loved him. Loved...as much as a third grade girl could love.

Brian, Sara and I just finished "eating" our sandwiches...Brian noticed the disgusted look on my face after I took the first bite. (I can't even remember what it was...but I can remember sheer terror...I have to eat this?!) Brian said, "I don't eat these. I just throw them overboard. It's okay. Mom knows they're nasty." (If she knew why did she fix them? What was wrong with PB and J?)

Anyway...Brian looked over at me and told me that if I would ever burp, fart and sneeze at the sametime I would die. I was terrified! I'd never heard that before. Thank God that 6th grader passed on such valuable information on to a dumb little 3rd grader. Advice that could potentially save her life.

For the past 21 years I believed what Brian told me that summer afternoon on his boat. I lived in constant fear. Until tonight...Jacob not only proved you can burp, fart and sneeze at the sametime, but you won't die if you do. Thank you Jacob for your sacrifice!

I wish I knew where Brian was so I could tell him the good news!

1 Comments:

Blogger LadyBugCrossing said...

hahahahaha!

I love it!!

LadyBug

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home