Friday, January 20, 2006

May We Always Have Sugar!

This morning Jacob fixed his breakfast like normal. He walked over to the sugar bowl and suddenly stopped. With eyes big and hopeful like a kid in a candy shop...he asked, "Is this full of sugar?"

What was he talking about? Then I remembered my Homer Laughlin soup tureen was sitting out on the counter. The thought of Jacob thinking a soup tureen was our new sugar bowl cracked me up.

I had to snap this photo just the way Jacob saw it. It kinda does look like a candy shop...or a sugar alter. (The sugar was out as a reminder to fill the sugar bowl...just for kicks I might just fill the soup tureen. :p )

13 Comments:

Blogger Katherine said...

Too cute! Makes me wish I could see things through kids' eyes again (I don't have any, kids that is, I have eyes!). Reminds of my childhood. We would drive 10 hrs to see my grandparents and the first thing I would do (after hugs and kisses) was run to the candy dish to see what goodies they had!

11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmm.....


Sugar cereals.....

We used to only get 1 sugar cereal a month when I was growing up, so I was very fond of the sugar bowl as well. Your photo was my dream sugar bowl.

Mmmm.....


The Movie Monkey (probably will come is as anonymous since I'm not logged in -- on a computer at a shoot I'm on)

12:27 PM  
Blogger Paisley said...

mmmmmm......sugar. How funny!!! We used to load sugar on cereal. yum.

now I want some!

kids are funny.

1:08 PM  
Blogger J&J'sMom said...

Mmmm...sugar!! I love it! Thanks for stopping by yesterday ;0) Nice to meet ya!

2:13 PM  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

I can see the lights coming down from the skies and the chorus of angelic voices singing "ahhhhhhhh!"

2:27 PM  
Blogger Peri said...

that is so cute........ :)

8:41 PM  
Blogger mommy to four j's said...

i also have a son named jacob

4:03 AM  
Blogger LadyBugCrossing said...

Hahahah! How sweet!
LadyBug

5:53 PM  
Blogger WendyWings said...

LOL Jacob has his hope set high :)
Too cute.

5:06 AM  
Blogger Mama B said...

LOL too funny! I have a child who would have wished that was sugar inside. And she would've eaten it too.

12:07 PM  
Anonymous Susan said...

Too funny! I can see in the eyes of a child how he would be excited about the prospect of that being filled with sugar...but on the other hand, just think of how less you would have to fill it! That would be my heaven!

8:02 AM  
Blogger Rae Ann said...

I think putting sugar in a soup tureen is an awesome idea!

10:10 AM  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

Just popping in to say, Happy Monday!

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home