Monday, January 23, 2006

Monday Memories (#1)



Monday Memories: Did I ever tell you aboutthe time I needed lunch money?


One Sunday afternoon my best friend Jennifer and I decided to go out to eat after church. Jacob was spending the day with my parents, so we were going to make a day of girl stuff. I told Jennifer I needed to stop by the ATM to get some cash.

I pulled up to an ATM machine, pulled out my card and put it in the slot. Jennifer started laughing hysterically...at what I have no idea, but I giggled at her. I turned back toward the ATM machine and listened to Jennifer as she tried to talk.

I put the card back in the slot and felt Jennifer hitting me. Just as I was ready to let go of my card Jennifer punched me on the arm. I turned back and hit her on her leg and told her to quit hitting me (great parenting skills...). Her face was dark red and tears poured from her eyes. "What in the world is wrong with this crazy girl?," I thought. Finally, Jennifer was able to get out a few words in-between the laughter..."It's...a...mailbox."

Yes! I tried to get money from a blue United States Postal Service mailbox!

Links to other Monday Memories
(If you participate, leave your link in the comments and I'll post it below)






Click here for the Monday Memories code
<
Click here for Running2Ks blog


Trackbacks, pings, and comment links are accepted and encouraged!



10 Comments:

Blogger LadyBugCrossing said...

I am relieved to hear things like this happen to other people too!!

My MM is up!

LadyBug

3:04 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

funny story!

3:11 PM  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

OK, I love that! Well, did you get anything?

Good thing it didn't eat your card ;)

3:19 PM  
Blogger Ocean Lady said...

I'm relieved to know too! :o)

3:28 PM  
Blogger monica said...

LOLOLOLOL! Get any loot?

4:40 PM  
Blogger Jess Riley said...

That's hilarious!!!! I love stories like that.

5:19 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Oh, that is too funny!!!! Sounds like something I would do!

I have my second Monday Memory up!

http://annabanana4.blogspot.com/

6:18 PM  
Blogger Katherine said...

hahahaha! That's great, thanks for a good laugh.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

Too funny! So many of you are doing the MM thing, I might have to join in eventually too...although TT is quite a task keeping up with, not sure I could handle MM too! LOL

8:17 PM  
Blogger Shelli said...

I am almost peeing my pants laughing!

My memory

You are already linked up. Thanks for coming by!

11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home