Tuesday, January 24, 2006

My Mom

Today my mom is having surgery. Surgery to repair a hole in her stomach/intestine that occurred when the internal sutures ripped apart after a surgery in September (due to steroids and immunosuppressant therapy). Since that time she's not had anything to eat...only IV nutrition. And she's been dealing with a draining abdominal wound (which is remarkably smaller than it was in September).

She's had to endure obstacle after obstacle until her body was ready and could handle another operation. That time has finally arrived. The doctor anticipates only 2 to 3 days in the hospital (compared with the 30 day hospital stay in September). And he believes she will be able to eat before she leaves the hospital! (Something she hasn't been able to do for five months...actually since last summer when her Crohn's decided to take over her life again.)

Praying, knowing and trusting God will continue to keep her in His loving and healing hands. May she heal completely and be able to eat...and may I not gain weight by celebrating with her! :p (Isn't she beautiful?! I can't wait to look like my mom! I'm already working on the grey hair :D)

15 Comments:

Anonymous Susan said...

My prayers are with you and your Mom, as well as the rest of your family today. I pray that you find comfort in the fact that she is such a strong woman and survived through all of this - I am sure the love you have for her will see her through.

What a glorious statement for a daughter to make..."I can't wait to look like my mom" She must be a very special woman indeed.

8:04 AM  
Blogger Katherine said...

She is gorgeous! She sounds very strong and thank goodness she has you for support. I have two cousins with Crohn's and can't imagine having to deal with terrible disease. Good luck to both of you.

11:29 AM  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

I am praying for your mom, a courageous woman, and for you--a loving daughter.

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Dariana said...

WIll be keeping you and your Mom in my thoughts and prayers. Wishing her all the best!

12:34 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

She *is* beautiful, and I wish her the very best for a successful surgery.

1:31 PM  
Blogger Paisley said...

I hope your mom is alright! I'll keep you both in my prayers. I hope everything is on the upswing from now on.

...and yes, your mom IS beautiful! That's the first thing I thought when I opened your page.

:)

Tell her the Internet thinks she's beautiful!

3:23 PM  
Blogger Ocean Lady said...

She is! :)

3:27 PM  
Blogger YellowRose said...

Your mom is beautiful! I'll be praying that she makes a speedy recovery from this surgery and that the healing is complete! Crohn's is such a nasty disease!

5:50 PM  
Blogger Jess Riley said...

Here's to your mom's health and healing!

7:24 PM  
Blogger FrogLegs said...

I hope your mom is doing well. Prayers for a speedy recovery-

12:11 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

She IS beautiful! Prayers for your mom being said.

3:15 PM  
Blogger LadyBugCrossing said...

Best of luck to your mom - we'll be praying over here at the Crossing. Let us know how she's doing.
LadyBug

7:57 AM  
Blogger Mama B said...

Yes, you have I beautiful mom. I hope the surgery went well. Keep us updated.

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Caryn said...

I wish you all well. I hope the surgery is successful and the recuperation swift and with as little pain as possible.

7:46 PM  
Blogger karen! said...

Just flipping through your old posts. Wow, your mom DOES look good! You were not kidding! Such smooth skin! I assume that picture is somewhat recent and not 20 years old?

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home