Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Oookkkkkkaaaaayyyyy!

It's not enough that I hear it from my mom..."Kimmy, you have to stop drinking that Pepsi!" Or the family friend...also our family doctor..."You shouldn't drink that stuff. Imagine what it's doing to your body. Next time take the Pepsi and pour it over a car battery and watch it eat the acid off. Think about that!"

Now my favorite morning program, the TODAY SHOW, is conspiring against me. Oh, Joy Bauer! Why pick on the fizzy lifting drink? Can a drink that originally contained cocaine be that bad for you?

Yes...I know...I'm a nurse! (Alright...a nurse off on disability for the past 3 1/2 years...but a nurse nonetheless.) And I'm not even touching the... "Nurses are the worst patients." I know the risks... (and zero health benefits)...But I NEED it! It's my daily caffeine fix. It's my vasoconstrictor and vasodilator all in one. It's my cold, fizzy, sugary sweetness.

Coffee...First, I prefer cold drinks (cold coffee...yucky!)to hot drinks (unless we're talkin' hot chocolate!) Do I get a bonus point since the body burns more calories warming the cold drink to body temperature? Huh. Second, how could it be better if I have to add 1/4 cup of sugar to it?

Tea...again...iced (sweet) tea. I do like a good Chai Tea...cold or hot. I'm going to try Yogi Tea
I read about while reading The Journey of Life blog. Who couldn't use a good Peach DeTox every now and then? Bonus...free samples! **Mia...I recommend Raspberry Ginger!**

I'm not saying I'm giving up on my Pepsi. Most of you know I've tried and tried and tried that before. But I'm going to cut down. (I "only" drink one 20oz bottle- or less- a day...compared to the multiple PolarPops I used to drink a day. But that's when I could drive.) Here's to aught 6!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
My homepage | Please visit

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
http://ahultkbm.com/sqwi/clcr.html | http://ogbmsgnf.com/qcmm/qunl.html

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home