Thursday, January 12, 2006

Thursday 13 (#2)


Thirteen Things I thank God for this week:(I had several ideas for my second 13, but have too much to be thankful for not to list them. This is more a list for me...)

1. My daddy's biopsy came back NEGATIVE! The antibiotics seem to be fighting the sepsis, and his fever is down from 104.2 to normal!


2. For my mom GAINING weight since she's been able to drink Carnation Instant Breakfast twice a day for almost two weeks now. (After complication, after complication, after complication after surgery for her Crohn's...she hasn't eaten since August 31st, and until recently wasn't able to take anything by mouth except for a few ice chips per hour.)

3. For having the ability to tell Jacob, "I love you", dozens of times a day.

4. For having the ability to hear my Jacob tell me dozens of times a day, "I love you infinity times more than you love me. "

5. For my baby sister who was able to take me to the doctor, sit with me for 4 1/2 hours during exams and tests. And for giving me two fingers to squeeze while the doctor injected a bilateral nerve block in my greater occipital nerves. Ouich!

6. For my parents who live one street over and were able to "babysit" me when my brain wasn't behaving. (Due to my disease I have alternating side effects similar to having a brain tumor.)

7. For allowing me to "sleep" in the same bed with Jacob while we were at my parents. (1. That boy can kick and squirm and take up more bed than any adult! 2. I couldn't put any pressure on the back of my head so I had to roll from side to side...at the same time I was trying to avoid swinging arms. I needed a helmet...or restraints :p)

8. For Jacob not having one headache this week!

9. For Snickers not having a seizure!

10. For having heat...even if the gas bill did just double in one month! ( I can't imagine how much it would cost if I actually kept the thermostat at 70 or above)

11. That I finally figured out which new Medicare Prescription Drug Plan to choose out of 46 possible plans "designed to meet my needs.

12. For all the nice people I've "met" during Thursday 13.

13. For finding the dishes I wanted on Target.com for 75% off!

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

1.Dariana~ "Almost An Angel"
2.Michelle~ "Smoochdog"
3.Joan~ "Daddy's Roses"
4.Renee~ "fefyfomanna"
5.Heather~ "GoofyGirl"
6."ivoryfrog"
7."The Movie Monkey"
8.Texas_Ivy10~ "I'm Just Sayin'"
9.Jane~ "Cozy Reader"
10.Jessica~ "Daydreams and Musings"
11."Mrs. Flinger"
12.Uisce~ "Whiskey Talking"
13.Kat~ "My Single Mom Life"
14.Laura~ "Astrocoz"
15.Tiffany~ "Over Analyzed"
16."Lazy Daisy"
17.Paisley~ "Paisley Propaganda"
18.WendyWings~ "A Whimsie by WendyWings"
19.Caryn~ "Novelist In Training"
20.Bobbie~ "My Way"
21.Gabrielle
22.Colleen~ "Loose Leaf Notes
23.Karin~ "HeartSongs"
24.Veronica~ "A Day in the Life of Veronica"
25.Krisco~ "Crib Ceiling"
26.Peri~ "Peri's Postings"
27.Lisa~ "The Shizzle"
28.Carol~ "The Median Sib"
29.Katherine~ "In A Big Way"
30."The Idle Receptionist"
31.Susie~ "Susie Pie"
32.Judy~ "insecure meanderings of an insecure mind..."
33.Astrocoz~ "Mierda Del Toro...It's a Fine Art"
34.Jen~ "Jen's Horde"
35.Lisa~ The world according to me...but I could be wrong"
36."Better Safe Than Sorry"
37.Rosie~ "Timeless Thoughts"
38.LadyBug~ "LadyBug Crossing"
39.Running2Ks~ "True Blue Semi-Crunchy Mama"
40."Grumpy Mommy"
41.Courtney~ "Ramblings of a Working Wife and Mom"



Please comment and I'll link you here.



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)


45 Comments:

Anonymous froggirl5794 said...

I AM THANKFUL THAT MY SISTER IS FEELING WELL ENOUGH TO TAKE THE TIME TO DO THIS BLOG, AND PUT OTHERS BEFORE HER SELF NO MATTER HOW SICK SHE IS. SHE IS THE STRONGEST PERSON I KNOW AND I ONLY WISH I HAD 1/2 HER STRENGTH AND COURAGE. I LOVE YOU

3:02 PM  
Blogger WendyWings said...

I hope you are feeling better soon. You sound like you have been through a lot lately.
My first TT list is up
Wendy's Thirteen

3:45 PM  
Anonymous Caryn said...

Great list. I can see why you chose this topic for the week. It sounds like you've had a lot of difficulty in your life recently; it's admirable that you are able to focus on the good.

My thirteen are up, by the way.
http://wordplay.lastpromise.com

4:01 PM  
Blogger Paisley said...

Yay, Target! I love Target so much. I think I spent most of my student loan money there...

4:50 PM  
Anonymous Ardice said...

It's always good to count your blessings when you're going through a lot of hard times. You have a wonderful list. I hope you and Mom gets to feeling better soon. Take-Care...

6:51 PM  
Blogger Joan said...

Kimmie, thanks for visiting my blog. I enjoyed reading your 13! What a great thing to do -- count your blessings. It is hard when so many things are going wrong; You show a lot of strength in being able to focus on the positive. I'd be pleased to be linked to your list. I will add you to mine.

9:29 PM  
Anonymous Michelle said...

Yeah for mom and dad and yea for you and jacob and snickers! Have a great week!

9:32 PM  
Blogger Lazy Daisy said...

Wow, great list! Praise the Lord that all of you are better. You are in my thoughts and prayers....same time next Thursday? Thanks for dropping by!

9:56 PM  
Blogger Goofy Girl said...

Awww what a wonderful list! :)

Thanks for visiting me!

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Gabrielle said...

This is such a nice positive list... God bless you and your family!

10:25 PM  
Anonymous colleen said...

Wow...lots of challenging medical issues here. Who's Snickers? Thanks for visiting my blog and for sharing the things you're thankful for.

11:21 PM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

Snickers is my baby (actually she belongs to my son, Jacob). She's our Fox Terrier...the little cutie in our profile picture :D

11:26 PM  
Blogger The Movie Monkey said...

That's a humbling list, Kimmy. It just goes to show that even with difficulties in life, there's always someone watching out for us.

I haven't mentioned it before, but my wife and I used to have a cat named Snickers. Great name for great pets, eh?

TMM

12:22 AM  
Anonymous Karin said...

Great list :)

12:56 AM  
Blogger Veronika said...

Great idea for a 13.
I like your thinking; you find the good in the-not-so-good.
:)

1:10 AM  
Blogger Krisco said...

That's a lot to be thankful for and a lot to worry about. That's a nice way to see the positive.
Krisco

1:52 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

Thanks for coming by and reading about my furry kids ;o) and for linking me up already too.

I pray that you are feeling better soon. hugs for your owies.

My child doesn't let us sleep when she's in bed with us either. That flopping thing must be a kid thing.

2:19 AM  
Blogger ivoryfrog said...

What a lovely list - glad you are able to look at all the positives in your life. :-)
My child (2 year old) manages to take up most of our bed too....and its a KING SIZE bed! LOL! She was kicking me out of it this moring....lol

Thank You for visiting my blog!
Take Care
Ivoryfrog x

4:40 AM  
Blogger Peri said...

thanks for stopping by, wow, you have a lot to be thankful for.....hope everyone feels better & better!!

5:06 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Thanks for visiting me yesterday! You have a great list. :)

6:31 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

I enjoyed reading your list. Wow! You're going through some rough times, but you keeping positive. That's good! Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my T13.

6:32 AM  
Blogger Katherine said...

That was a very impressive 13 - good luck to you! I have two cousins with Crohn's - that is a really tough disease.

7:31 AM  
Anonymous Dariana said...

Not sure why, but my site held your TT comment in the que so I just discovered it this morning. Thanks for coming by and happy belated TT! :-)

Great news for your Dad!

7:44 AM  
Blogger TheIdleReceptionist said...

I have a rat terrier...aren't they cute? And horribly anoying? Well, it looks like you are going through a rough time right now, but you have a great faith and outlook. Have a great weekend?

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Susie said...

This is an awesome list! I love it. :) Thank God for all the big and little things He does for us all.

9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a wonderful list. Glad to hear you are doing ok. Keep on smiling and keep on going. :)

Kat

9:48 AM  
Blogger Texas_Ivy10 said...

I am happy to hear that your family's health is doing alright!

My gas bill more than doubled last month... needless to say, we've been a little chillier in the house since I got that bill! :)

This is a great list, and I hope you and Jacob have a great weekend!

9:57 AM  
Blogger Goslyn said...

Wow, it sounds like you have a lot going on in your life. What a blessing that you can take time to be thankful for small blessings.

Thanks for stopping by, also.

11:24 AM  
Blogger Goslyn said...

Wow, sounds like you have a lot going on in your life. It's great that you can take the time to be thankful for small blessings.

Oh, and thanks for stopping by.

11:26 AM  
Blogger SquashedToad said...

I'm glad to hear that your mom and dad are feeling better (yah for the negative results for your dad!). Love you list.... and thanks for stopping by.

12:23 PM  
Blogger SquashedToad said...

Great list. I'm glad to hear that your mom and dad are feeling better.

Have a great weekend!

12:24 PM  
Blogger Shelli said...

I hope things continue to go well for your mom and dad. Thanks for stopping my 13 and I have appropriately linked you.

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Judy said...

what a fantastic list! certainly some wonderful things to be thankful for. i'm really glad to hear that things seem to be looking up for you and your family. let's hope they continue to do so! thanks for stopping by and hope you have a great weekend!

2:54 PM  
Anonymous JK :) said...

I'm happy to hear you had a lot of blessings that came your way. Wish you'll have more for the coming week!

Happy weekend. :)

3:09 PM  
Blogger astrocoz said...

I hope you start feeling better soon, it sounds like lots of tough times...thanks for stopping by my blog!

3:11 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

That's a great list! I'm glad you have so much to be grateful for :-)

Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'll go link you up.

4:10 PM  
Blogger Better Safe Than Sorry said...

#13, sweet.
hope you're feeling better soon.

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Better Safe Than Sorry said...

#13, sweet.
hope you're feeling better soon.

5:20 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Thanks for commenting on my TT!

Your list is wonderful! I adore it! Keep up the good work and keep on finding those blessings!

9:43 AM  
Blogger LadyBugCrossing said...

You found good stuff at Target? I LOVE Target!
Love your list!
LadyBug

9:38 AM  
Anonymous Rosei said...

Hello Kimmy and thank you for visiting my TT meme and for the lovely comments :) I enjoyed reading through your meme and it was nice to know a bit more about you. Thank you and congratulations on the nice blog!

6:16 PM  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

Thank goodness about your mom. That disorder is awful, and I am happy to hear she is improving!

My 13 are up!

8:45 PM  
Anonymous grumpy mom said...

It takes a strong woman to count her blessings when she could very easily be grumbling about something else. Good job! Thanks for visiting my 13!

9:36 AM  
Blogger Courtney said...

You certainly do have several things to be thankful for.

Thanks for visiting my blog & TT
http://snaphappymom.blogspot.com

1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When will you post again ? Been looking forward to this !

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home