Thursday, January 19, 2006

Thursday 13 (#3)

Thirteen Things Kimmy and Jacob love about American Idol:

1. The hundreds of people who believe they can really sing...and are totally shocked to hear someone tell them the truth...YOU CAN'T SING!

2. All the crazy people.

3. The way people dress for attention.

4. The shocking way teens cuss and behave so badly while their parents stand right beside them...not saying a word. (Parents... 1. Discipline your children 2. Don't encourage them and fill them with false hope... singing is one thing you can either do or not do. simple...we can't have or do everything we want in life.

5. The way contestants love up the judges before the audition, but bad mouth and hate them seconds after they're rejected.

6. That a girl from the Ukraine auditioned (singing Bohemian Rhapsody nonetheless) just to receive a Performers Visa. God Bless the U.S.

7. Grown men can proudly dress like Dorothy.

8. A man clearly smokin' crack and can't sing, but can jump around the stage and act a fool can go to Hollywood.

9. Contestants can audition multiple times and continue to make idiots of themselves.

10. Fake tans, anorexia and heavy make-up won't make you a star.

11. The way Simon tells it like it is.

12. Paula's teeth don't seem to be taking up as much of her mouth as they did last season...must be usin' the new Fixodent.

13. We sound so much better when we sing!!!! :p
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

1.Dariana~ "Almost An Angel"
2.Michelle~ "Smoochdog"
3.Joan~ "Daddy's Roses"
4.Renee~ "fefyfomanna"
5.Heather~ "GoofyGirl"
6."ivoryfrog"
7."The Movie Monkey"
8.Texas_Ivy10~ "I'm Just Sayin'"
9.Jane~ "Cozy Reader"
10.Jessica~ "Daydreams and Musings"
11."Mrs. Flinger"
12.Uisce~ "Whiskey Talking"
13.Kat~ "My Single Mom Life"
14.Laura~ "Astrocoz"
15.Tiffany~ "Over Analyzed"
16."Lazy Daisy"
17.Paisley~ "Paisley Propaganda"
18.WendyWings~ "A Whimsie by WendyWings"
19.Caryn~ "Novelist In Training"
20.Bobbie~ "My Way"
21.Gabrielle
22.Colleen~ "Loose Leaf Notes
23.Karin~ "HeartSongs"
24.Veronica~ "A Day in the Life of Veronica"
25.Krisco~ "Crib Ceiling"
26.Peri~ "Peri's Postings"
27.Lisa~ "The Shizzle"
28.Carol~ "The Median Sib"
29.Katherine~ "In A Big Way"
30."The Idle Receptionist"
31.Susie~ "Susie Pie"
32.Judy~ "insecure meanderings of an insecure mind..."
33.Astrocoz~ "Mierda Del Toro...It's a Fine Art"
34.Jen~ "Jen's Horde"
35.Lisa~ The world according to me...but I could be wrong"
36."Better Safe Than Sorry"
37.Rosie~ "Timeless Thoughts"
38.LadyBug~ "LadyBug Crossing"
39.Running2Ks~ "True Blue Semi-Crunchy Mama"
40."Grumpy Mommy"
41.Courtney~ "Ramblings of a Working Wife and Mom"
42.mar~ "maremagnum"
43. novaks8~ "Fireflies and Frogs"
44. Mama B~ "Confessions of a Busy Mom"
45."Mary's Owlhaven"
46."Lisa Ink."
47.Kelly~ "The Diary of the Nello"
48."Ramblings of a Transplanted Frog"
49.Janet~ "Fond of Snape"
50.Karen~ "Write From Karen"
51."Petite Mommy"
52.Kim~ "Nothing Heavy"
53.Suz~ "Goin Ons"
54.Jennifer~ "Happy At Home"
55."Sleeping Mommy"
56.Suzy~ "See Suzy Spin"
57.Urban Mummy"

Please comment and I'll link you here.


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)


57 Comments:

Blogger Uisce said...

I really am a Simon fan. Should I say that out loud? It's true! My 13 are up!

5:36 AM  
Anonymous Dariana said...

Oh wow, I could give you a list twice this long of all the reasons I detest American Idol, lol. No clue as to why, but I never was able to connect with this show. lol Happy TT, mine are up!

6:24 AM  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

Oh yeah, but even if you can't sing--they love ya. William Hung is quite famous.

Gotta love that :)

6:25 AM  
Blogger mar said...

Happy TT! Every country has this show, different countries but the same reasons NOT to watch this! My 13 are up, thanks for visiting!

7:19 AM  
Blogger monica said...

We watched it last night and were dying LOLOOL... Cheers! Mine are UP!

7:45 AM  
Anonymous grumpy mom said...

I love the list! The girl from the Ukraine was just weird. Thanks for visiting my 13!

8:21 AM  
Blogger Veronika said...

Great list! I didn't get a chance to watch it last night.

:)

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Nicole said...

I don't really watch the show but I've seen it a few times. A guy from my school was on there singing Like A Virgin one time... lol. Mine are up. Hope you have a great day!

8:28 AM  
Blogger novaks8 said...

Nice list

I LOVE American Idol.

I tend to get very opiniated and obnoxious when I like one contestant.

My daughter always likes the cute boys. She loves Clay Aiken.

Thanks for the nice comment.
I still can't believe that people read and like my blog.
It makes me happy!

9:09 AM  
Anonymous colleen said...

Even though I don't watch it I know all about it. It's a cultural phenomena! I got my 13 up.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Norma said...

Thanks for stopping by my TT and adding some popcorn and theater memories. As you can see from my links, some old theaters are being saved.

9:34 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I haven't ever watched American Idol. I was debating doing it this season - my daughter wants to, after her teacher from last year raved about it. :)

Thanks for visiting my TT! :)

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Adam Graham said...

Don't give TV, so for obvious reason, I never got into the show, but my Thursday Thirteen are up.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Shelli said...

I'm not much of an American Idol fan. Sorry. I have seen the commercials and although I am sure they show the craziest ones, those people look freaking nuts!

My 13

9:53 AM  
Blogger Mama B said...

I'm an American Idol fan and I absoulutely loved your post!!! My 13 are up!

9:55 AM  
Blogger Lazy Daisy said...

Great List, is it my imagination or is Paula snarkier than she used to be. All three judges are acting like lunchroom bullies. Sigh, yet, I still watch. My 13 are up

9:55 AM  
Blogger LadyBugCrossing said...

I always wondered about her teeth!!

Thanks for dropping by my 13!

LadyBug

9:56 AM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Great list! mine's up too!

10:59 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

See, I can not stand AI. HATE IT!!! And so, I don't tune in. Yet, our local news actually thinks what happens on AI is newsworthy!!! AGH!!!!!!

Though #4 is a huge pet peeve of mine!!! AI or not!

11:02 AM  
Blogger owlhaven said...

My 13 are up!

11:04 AM  
Blogger Paisley said...

OMG the people are so crazy! What was up with that guy/girl thinking they were discriminating? Let's get real - you sucked!

mine are up.

11:08 AM  
Blogger Better Safe Than Sorry said...

i've actually never seen a single episode of this series, but i watch next to no tv.

11:30 AM  
Blogger Leesa said...

I don't watch American Idol, but I have seen previews and read on it...this is a funny list :)

11:33 AM  
Blogger Ocean Lady said...

lol! That's a great list. :o)

11:53 AM  
Blogger WendyWings said...

The auditions are the best part !
My TT list

12:18 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Love the list. We watch that, too. Were you surprised at the guy at the end of the Denver auditions who was surprised people think he's a girl?

12:22 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Yes... all the crazy people.
There are just soooo many.

Happy Thursday!
Mine are up.
Diary of the Nello

12:32 PM  
Blogger YellowRose said...

I loved the little cowboy last night....so nervous, but he had a decent voice. SIMON actually was the one who had a heart and said yes!! I hope he gets ahold of his nerves and pulls through!! I love the tryouts!! Best part of the whole show!!

Happy Thursday!

12:34 PM  
Blogger FrogLegs said...

Never seen it, but thanks for the info on it!! My sister would be horrified if I admitted in a public place I hadn't seen it ever!

12:38 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

I don't like Simon ... he's just too rude for me!

1:02 PM  
Anonymous Karen said...

LOL...all funny and all true! Very astute observations!

My 13 are up.

1:13 PM  
Blogger Katherine said...

hahahaha!!!!! LOVED your list - I agree with them all. I'm seriously addicted to that stupid show and not ashamed to say it. It provides so much comic relief! Here's my 13.

1:23 PM  
Blogger Petite Mom Blogger said...

I'm glad someone else's thinks the same about American Idol as I do...lol...the crazy guy with no shoes...he was the best... I'm new to the TT..mine are up...

1:50 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

LOL funny list. I did watch American Idol the last 2 nights and laughed at several of those people.
My 13
http://snaphappymom.blogspot.com

2:19 PM  
Blogger Texas_Ivy10 said...

I love it!! I concur and agree with all 13! LOL

Have a great Thursday!

2:33 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

The auditions are the best part! I don't know why so many people think they are great singers when they clearly suck...thank God Simon is there to tell them the truth...(he makes me laugh!)

2:40 PM  
Blogger Suz said...

Happy TT ... LOL Great list, we watch American Idol also.

Hugs Suz
http://goinons.blogspot.com/

2:50 PM  
Blogger Goofy Girl said...

I love American Idol too- I love all the crazy people!

3:42 PM  
Anonymous Sleeping Mommy said...

Dude, I love American Idol. Come on some of those people have got to be kidding--they just want to get on tv right?

3:50 PM  
Anonymous Caryn said...

An excellent list. Especially when you wrote about teenagers and the way they sometimes act around their parents. I don't have television, so I haven't seen much American Idol, but even I knew enough about the show to get what you were saying. :-)

4:06 PM  
Blogger astrocoz said...

Simon is the best! I always agree with him.

Anyhow, my 13 are up!

4:08 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I LOVE Simon!! Ya know where you stand with that man!!
I love the beginning performances, when everyone's dreadful. It just cracks me up!
I'm linking to y ou! Thanks for visiting me! :)

4:42 PM  
Anonymous froggirl5794 said...

ok i just want to know what the guy in the all matching hat was thinking when he crawled out of bed and consulted his clown mirror? hello, this is your mirror you look like an idiot!!! the fact that he had a whole bunch of different colors in the outfit really scanred me too.

5:15 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

I'm so sorry that I don't watch that show. It sounds like a real hoot!

http://lillyput.blogspot.com

6:12 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

I'm going to have to make more of an effort to watch that this time, I caught a little bit of it and it was pretty good.

Thanks for stopping by, I'll go link you up!

6:45 PM  
Blogger Suzy said...

Kelly Clarkson went to my hubby's old high school in TX. Ahh Yeah. (heehee)

7:30 PM  
Anonymous Karin said...

Sometimes Simon is really mean, but other times, he is very gentle (Iike with the cowboy who had never been on a plane). Gotta love him...lol!

9:14 PM  
Anonymous Chickadee said...

LOL. What a great list! I don't watch American Idol. The commercials are enough for me. :)

Thanks for stopping by earlier today. I'm a little bit behind today.

10:41 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Flinger said...

Holy Moley!! That's a good list. I'm not into this American Idol, sadly.

I haven't done my TT yet! Shoot. Must get on that.... :-)

12:32 AM  
Anonymous Urban Mummy said...

Cute list!! Personally, not a fan of the program. Although the list makes me want to watch, just for the snark!

Thanks for visiting! My 13 are up!

7:10 AM  
Blogger Jess Riley said...

Hi Kimmy! First, thanks for visiting my thirteen! Second, your terrier is ADORABLE. We have a Cairn terrier, and they are certainly fun little dogs.

(Is this the part where I confess to actually liking that Peter, Paul, & Mary CD and never watching an entire episode of American Idol from start to finish? Shhhh!!! LOL)

11:52 AM  
Blogger The Mistress of the Dark said...

I could list a zillion reasons not to watch this show. I give you props for being able to sit through it.

Thanks for stopping by my blog to read my 13.

4:34 PM  
Anonymous Michelle said...

Amen to Simon telling it like it is. Even though sometimes he goes a bit too far. I am not a big fan of the auditions at the start of the season but the rest of it I love!

9:14 AM  
Anonymous Ardice said...

Gotta love Simon, brutally honest and usually right. Thanks for stopping by my site and sorry it took so long to visit yours.

8:13 AM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

I'm not a huge American Idol fan, but I loved this list. It made me laugh.

1:28 PM  
Blogger Joe Berenguer said...

Hi, Fellow!I like your blog!
I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
I have a pet center
site. It pretty much covers pet center related subjects.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Best regards!

6:34 PM  
Anonymous Depend Adult Diaper said...

Im impressed, I must say. Very rarely do I come across a blog thats both informative and entertaining, and let me tell you, youve hit the nail on the head.

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home