Saturday, January 07, 2006

Thursday Thirteen

I know it's not Thursday...but I'm only a few days behind (or a few ahead) and I had nothing else to do :D

Thirteen Things about Kimmy and Jacob

1. We all have November birthdays...Kimmy November 30th, Jacob November 3rd, and Snickers (our Fox Terrier) November 26th.

2. We both had milestone birthdays this year.


3. We love the movie "elf".


4. Jacob likes to watch "Drake and Josh" (shh...so do I!) and any game on tv.


5. Kimmy won't miss an episode of "Grey's Anatomy" or "My Name Is Earl".


6. Jacob plays baseball, football and basketball.


7. Kimmy loves to surf...the t.v. and internet :D


8. Snickers was adopted from the Humane Society as a Christmas gift for Jacob two years ago.


9. Jacob is a full-time student.


10. Kimmy has been on disability for the past 3.5 years.


11. Kimmy's had a headache 24/7 for the past 7 years (actually the headaches started 24/7 from the age of 13 to 18 resulting in the doctors using me as a guinea pig with scores of medications then finally five operations...a few years of only an occasional headache...then '99- to present with constant pain and eleven additional operations from '99-'02...then said, "No more, thank you.")


12. Jacob gets headaches at least 4 times a month. Praying God keeps my disease far, far, far away from him! (Why is it parents only pass down the "bad" genes? For example...Mom's side skinny-Dad's side fat...guess who I take after! :D)


13. Jacob is the tallest kid in his class...5'3".


~I'm new to Thursday 13. Please comment and I'll link you.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!


Dariana~ "Almost An Angel"
Michelle~ "Smoochdog"
Joan~ "Daddy's Roses"
Renee~ "fefyfomanna"
Heather~ "GoofyGirl"
"ivoryfrog"
"The Movie Monkey"
"Texas_Ivy10"
Jane~ "Cozy Reader"
Jessica~ "Daydreams and Musings"
"Mrs. Flinger"
Uisce~ "Whiskey Talking"
Kat~ "My Single Mom Life"
Laura~ "Astrocoz"
Tiffany~ "Over Analyzed"
"Lazy Daisy"
Paisley~ "Paisley Propaganda"

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)


19 Comments:

Anonymous Dariana said...

Hi and thanks for visiting my Thursday 13, I'll be around to see you later this week. Welcome aboard! I love the handwriting analysis thing. :-)

Added you to my T-13 links!

5:43 AM  
Blogger Joan said...

I enjoyed reading your 13. Ouch! The headaches! I also had headaches ALMOST 24/7 from puberty to menopause. Apparently they were estrogen-driven. (No doctor ever made that connection.) I still have fairly frequent headaches, but they are not constant or as bad as they used to be, even though I take an estrogen pill -- I guess it is more regulated and
consistent than my natural estrogen was.

What kind of surgery did you have for headaches? I never could get a doctor to take much interest or do much of anything for mine.

My 13 are up.

7:26 AM  
Anonymous Michelle said...

Thanks for visiting my Thursday 13 too! It is always great to get new blogs to read. So sorry to hear about the headaches and all of that! Snickers is ADORABLE!

9:44 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

Thanks for stopping by http://lillyput.blogspot.com
I guess I was just sleepy. LOL
I haven't been to Indianna because it just wasn't on my way anywhere that I was going. I used to have family there, but they're the family that we don't talk to and they've moved to FL now.

I'm sorry about your headaches, that's a bummer. I don't like pain, it makes me cranky.

5:17 PM  
Blogger Goofy Girl said...

You guys must have a busy november with all your birthdays!!

I'm sorry to hear about all your headaches, sounds like it makes life very difficult!

6:35 PM  
Blogger ivoryfrog said...

Hi!
Thanks for coming by my blog. :-)
Yes SKY certainly is satellite tv and its great! I love it! and the postcrossing project? Well its a website - www.postcrossing.com where you sign up, request an address (of a random member), send them a postcard then once they register the card as received your address goes into the queue to receive a card from some other random member! The idea is that for every card you send you should get a card back from someplace else. :-)

Sorry to hear about the headaches, they really donn't sound like fun. :-(
Take care
Ivoryfrog x

11:48 PM  
Blogger The Movie Monkey said...

My wife and I are both July birthdays, which we love. Even though we're trying to get pregnant right now, we're going to try to do everything we can to avoid having a July baby. Those birthday months where everyone in the fam celebrates can be expensive. ;)

Elf is such a funny Christmas movie. My favorite part is when he's leaving the North Pole and runs into all the critters done in the old fashioned puppet style from the old Rudolph show.

Sorry to hear about your headaches. I've always been a wuss about headaches and have to pop advil right away. You must be a strong person to deal w/it for as long as you have. Here's to a day with no more headaches and no more operations!

Thanks for dropping by my T-13. Hope to see you around in the future!

The Movie Monkey

1:26 AM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:06 AM  
Blogger Texas_Ivy10 said...

Great TT! My youngest daughter's birthday is November 25th! :) My kids are addicted to Josh and Drake, although I have only seen it a few times. Cute show! :)

Thank you for stopping by my blog! Have a great Monday!

10:12 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

Welcome to the TT Blogroll and thanks for stopping by my blog. I am so sorry about your headaches. I can't imagine going through that everyday.
God bless you.

10:38 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Thanks for dropping by my 13. Sorry to hear about your headaches. I can't imagine how hard that must be. I hope you enjoyed the brownies!

3:49 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Flinger said...

Good to see you on the TT! Your headache thing sounds just horrid. I can't imagine!

I just got hooked on Grey's Anotomy on the catch up episode last night. MAN, I love it. :-)

4:08 PM  
Blogger Uisce said...

Hey, my bloggaversary is in November -- 11/25/05! Yup, I'm just a baby blog! :)

Thanks for the visit today!

4:17 PM  
Blogger astrocoz said...

Wow, headaches for so many years...that's a bummer. I once had 3 months of constant migranes, I couldn't imagine putting up with it for years at a time.

Anyhow, thanks for stopping by my little webspace.

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't imagine the headaches but I do understand constant pain. ***hugs****

Kat

5:05 PM  
Blogger WendyWings said...

My mother had chronic migraines , it is rough. I am planning on doing my first Thursday thirteen this week so was just going around reading others lists :)

11:35 PM  
Blogger SquashedToad said...

Thanks for stopping by my TT... and it was great reading about yours. Too bad to hear about all those headaches though... I couldn't imagine going through all that.

11:46 PM  
Blogger Ocean Lady said...

My little guy's b*day is in November too! Elf is great. Hope you have a good day! :o)

10:52 AM  
Blogger Ocean Lady said...

I posted a minute ago but did not show. Hopefully this one will work.

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home