Monday, February 06, 2006

Goin' To The Chapel And I'm...

...not getting married. But Melinda and Brian are! Yay!
This is the only picture I have of the two of them. It cracks me up.

Here's the story:

I couldn't sleep last night. I've been up for 25 hours. I don't know why. I didn't take a nap yesterday. I've been drinking a new
coffee. It's decaf, but I have to add sugar.
Anyway, I'm was on the computer working on my "Monday Memories" post this morning when all of a sudden I get an email.

Melinda: I have BIG news to tell you!

Me: OMG what?! I must have stayed up all night just for this moment. Are you getting married? (I don't know why. I just had a feeling. Melinda and I always have big news, so that wasn't a giveaway.)

Melinda: YES!!!!!!!!!!

Me: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't know what to say. I'm just one big goober with a big ol' smile on my face with goose bumps, and I can't type.
I'm so excited! Tell me all about it!
How weird is it that that's (Are you getting married?) the question I asked?! I seriously am thinking 100000miles a minute. I couldn't sleep all night long. I just knew. ESPN baby!
Hurry. Tell me. I'm flippin' out here. Can I post it on my blog?
I'll take some Lortab while I wait :P

Melinda: It was so absolutely sweet! One day last week we had been up almost all night talking—about everything, it was one of the best talks we had ever had. Very open and honest. Then the next morning he called me here at work and we were talking and he started saying very sweet things like how supportive I am of him and how he never wanted to lose the best thing he ever had, etc. then he said, “I wish we weren’t on the phone.” I heard a deep breath then he just said, “Melinda, will you marry me?” JUST LIKE THAT! I almost fell out of my chair! I could’ve screamed! But instead I said, “You can’t ask me that on the phone! You have to ask me to my face!” so he said he would and he did!
OMG! I still can’t believe it! I’m telling Boy3 and Girl1 tonight after school. We are going to DQ. They are going to be so excited! Then I am going to tell Boy1 and Boy2 this Friday when I see them. I know what they will say, “So how does this affect us??”
Thanks for being so happy for me, er, I mean, us!
I love you!

Me: OMG!!!!! I still can't believe it. I'm a jittery mess. I am so HAPPY for you...I mean the two of you. I just can't believe it. So did he give you a ring? When did he ask you? That same night when HE ASKED YOU OVER THE PHONE?! Oh, I'd say yes even if I had to go to the post office and sign for the certified letter, but that's just me. ;)
Have you told your family or are you waiting to tell the kids?
Yay!

Melinda: He bought the ring Saturday and it is being sized. I can’t wait. It comes back Valentine’s day. I’m getting him a big screen TV!
Well, the night after he asked me on the phone we had a bunch of running around to do and kid stuff then he went to lay down and got a terrible headache and fell asleep. Bummer, but it was like waiting for Christmas day!
So then the next night we were laying in bed talking and he started kissing my hand which always chokes me up for some reason. And then started saying sweet stuff again and then said, “Will you be my wife?” So I said, “Are you sure?” and he said, “Yes!” so I said, “Yeah!”
My family knows and the only reason I waited to tell you was because of your mom.
How is she?

Me: Who cares about her? You're getting married! (Just kidding)
She's looking better. She finally got rid of her migraine. It lasted all week. She's draining more from her wound everyday. It's really hurting her. The stomach acid is eating away at her skin. When I empty her bag I can see bloody strands of mucous. Her skin is so red and raw. I'm hoping the doctor has some ideas about it this Friday when we see him.
I wonder...I have the feeling I'm going to come into some money. I better buy a lottery ticket or something. I feel the psychic energy.
Have I told you I'm so happy for you? 'Cause I am!

Melinda: Thank you for being so happy! I’m absolutely thrilled!!
Love you back! Do you think “Melinda *****” sounds weird???

Me: I think Kimmy ***** sounds better :p

So I told Jacob all about the girly news when he was ready for school. He said, "(She's getting married) to that one guy she likes?" :p

"Brian?"

"Yeah, Brian. I don't know why I can' t remember his name."

I asked him how I knew she was getting married before she even told me.

He said, "You're smart."

Yup! I wrote that down. That'll haunt 'im for years! :p

Congratulations to my Melinda and Brian. Take care of her or...

5 Comments:

Blogger Valarie said...

Like your blog. Great pictures!

2:16 PM  
Blogger Valarie said...

Like your blog. Great pictures!

2:17 PM  
Blogger FrogLegs said...

Awww.... that's sweet- congrat's to them! My dh asked first on the phone too, silly man.

3:24 PM  
Blogger Mama B said...

Oh, that's good news!! I love romantic stories......and weddings!!! Congratulations to both of them!

4:00 PM  
Blogger Moonchild said...

He looks constipated in the photo. I hope that isn't his normal look.

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home