Friday, February 17, 2006

I'm It!

I've been tagged by Amy

*Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot*

1. I Am Prepared to Give Up at Any Time
2. So Much Myself (co-starring the bandwagon)
3. Cocktails and Smokes
4. a girl named inky
5. snickerdoodles

Next, select five people to tag.

1. Bran
2. Dinner Table
3. Movie Monkey
4. Novak
5. Paisley

What were you doing 10 years ago?

I was a single mom finishing college. Jacob was three and a half months old and constantly sick. He was diagnosed with "failure to thrive". He puked after every bottle...and I mean puked! Projectile. It was nasty! The pediatrician was still trying different formulas and medications on him. Finally, Jacob took to Nutramigen formula. Of course he did. It cost $5 per can compared with the other formulas at $2-$3.
His body adjusted to the new formula and Reglan, for his pukes. He had ear infections from the time he was born (at least two a month...but they wouldn't operate until he was 5!!!)
I was in nursing school. I was taking 22-24 credit hours three semesters in a row (including summer).
I graduated with 3.84 GPA and made the Dean's List every semester.
All by myself...at 20 with a brand new baby.

One year ago this month, my daddy was in Afghanistan, and Jacob was really having a hard time.
I was going back to court for child support...for the umpteenth time. Jacob's father was several thousands behind. (Shocker...I'm in the same boat right now. One year later!)

Five snacks you enjoy:

1. These
2. This
3. This on a spoon
4. These
5. These ("I ain't no hollaback girl")

Five songs you know all the words to:

1. This
2. This
3. This
4. This
5. This

Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:

1. Tithe
2. Buy a house for my parents
3. Buy a house for Jacob and me and...
4. adopt kids that nobody wants and...
5. take in "old people" nobody wants and give them security, hope, love and happiness. (Grandma always dreamed of doing this, but never lived to see it through. I want to carry on that dream for her.)

Five bad habits:

1. Eating
2. Blogging/reading blogs for hours
3. Wanting (anything)
4. Being lazy
5. Making a weird huff-like noise under my breath. I've been catching myself doing that...how long has it been going on?

Five things you enjoy doing:

1. Eating
2. Blogging and emailing
3. Being lazy
4. Spending time with my family
5. Hugging and kissing Jacob. Telling him "I love you" dozens of times a day. And hearing him say the same out of the blue!

Five things you would never wear:

1. This
2. This
3. This
4. This
5. This

Five favorite toys(/games):

1. This
2. This
3. This
4. This
5. This

4 Comments:

Blogger Moonchild said...

Hey no fair..... I HATE going to links to see what people are talking about. I mean one is okay but I'm not going to waste time clicking on toys, etc.... when you were supposed to have listed them.

1:30 PM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

inky...?

3:11 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

sweater dresses?? Big EWWWWWWW!!
...wouldn't be caught dead in one, myself!!

...flannel shirts? I'll have to admit here that I used to wear them in college...during the whole grunge movement. It wasn't a good look, but it was quite common. I'm pretty sure that I'll never wear one again though...

...flannel should be used for fun pj's!!!

2:27 PM  
Blogger FrogLegs said...

I love flannel-anything, lol! Oh, but hearing "I love you" out of the blue from your kiddo is just fabulous!

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home