Saturday, February 25, 2006

I'm It...Again!

I've been tagged by LadyBug!

Four jobs I’ve had:

I entered the world of taxes on my 17th birthday. I was the ticket girl at an old theatre built in the 1800's... first live theatre then a movie theatre. Original everything... even old costumes down in the basement. I still love that theatre, but it's no longer open. Sad. Anyway... I was the ticket girl. I sat outside in the glass booth. Winter was harsh! A year later I was shift manager... six months later I quit to enjoy the last few weeks of my senior year of high school.

I was a lifeguard for a summer at the Christian camp I attended every summer since 3rd grade. Long hours... but had a great tan, great time and great friends.

I worked at TARGET (spent my earnings there)... check out, Customer Service and Food Avenue. I worked there while going to school... until I got pregnant. (Single mom and full-time(+) nursing student)

A nurse at a nursing home. Not just a nursing home... it was a high end nursing facility with beautiful apartments for active seniors, apartments for assisted living and the health center for those that need more nursing attention. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! I loved this job. I loved (most) everyone I worked with and for. I miss it. Of course, being on disability is nice because I don't have to go to work when I don't feel like it, but I miss it...


Four movies I can watch over and over:

You've Got Mail

The Shop Around the Corner (and most old B&W movies)

I Capture the Castle

French Kiss, Fried Green Tomatoes, Steel Magnolias, Big, Elf, So I Married an Axe Murderer... I could go on and on....

Four places I’ve lived:

With my parents

With my grandma... I moved in with her to help take care of her while she went through cancer treatments... but I ended up caring for her until she drew her final breath. I was going to school for elementary education, but because of my grandma I changed majors. She told me, "Kimmer, you'd make a great nurse." So that's what I did. I hope I made her proud! My grandma was a huge part of my life. I grew up seeing her and visiting with her almost every single day of my life. She lived just a street over from my parents.

I lived in my grandma's house after she passed away. Nine months later Jacob" moved in" with me (he's my son for those of you that don't know). We lived there for eight years then...

We moved right next door. We seriously just moved things from one house to the next. We've lived here for 2 1/2 years.
I've only lived in three houses on two streets my entire life.

Four TV shows I love:

Grey's Anatomy (Dr. McDreamy is my boyfriend, and I'm sick of the Meredith drama. Come home to me! :p)

My Name's Earl (hilarious white trash!)

The Office (I love the UK version... so I didn't care for the US version at first, but now I love it!)

Lost, Prison Break and AI (and Ellen and People's Court...hey, I'm home all day!)

Four places I’ve vacationed:

Florida... my uncle lived there and we vacationed there a lot growing up. (Plus several other states.)

Canada (and I loved visiting Niagra Falls on both sides of the border. The Canadian side is the best! But I loved seeing it all lit up at night on the New York side.)

New York City... with my best friend... my first vacation as "an adult". (And I racked up $300+ using my calling card to talk to Jacob several times a day. He was two... It was the first time I ever spent without him.)

Ejido, Mexico (Vida Nueva) one of several mission trips I participated in growing up. Visiting "the dump" was life changing! I believe every American should see how spoiled we are! Yes! That's a picture of a hog(s) that lives in the house (the 2nd picture) with 13-15 people! Scrap wood, cardboard boxes, trash found at the dump just yards away... that's their home. A one room home. Not a one bedroom home... a one room home. (But that doesn't compare with the "homes" My dad saw while serving in Afghanistan. The refugees try to survive the harsh winter by living in a hole dug in the ground. The entire family... plus their livestock (if they're lucky enough) live in a hole dug in the sand. I'm ashamed to even finish this post.

Four of my favorite dishes:

My mom's chicken over rice.

My pasta bake.

Meatloaf (I know. But I love the stuff!)

Sweet corn... fried with butter and sugar. Mmm...

Four Blogs I visit daily:

I try to visit everyone on my sidebar... give or take a few.
It truly depends on how I'm feeling.
And sometimes I just lurk around. *Shh!*


Four places I’d rather be right now:

In the cabin in the country with my parents, my brother and my Jacob.

Visiting with my dearest friend I haven't seen for a few years. I miss her so badly.

Visiting with my grandma.

Feeling good enough to get out of the house and shop or go to the movies or watch Jacob blow $50 at Chuck E. Cheese or most anywhere doing more than I do everyday of my life.


Four people I tag:

I've already tagged four this week. If you want to do this... please do. Then comment here so I can read your list!

17 Comments:

Blogger Virenda said...

I'm sure it must be nice to be with your son, but I can definitely see why you would miss your old job. It seems like it would be very rewarding.

Love all Tom Hanks movies, black and white's rock!

I love Rearwindow!!!

I also really enjoy Lost, AI, and a show called Dirty Jobs on Discovery.

Have a nice weekend Kimmy...

12:57 AM  
Blogger novaks8 said...

Heh It's 3 am and I am breaking my internet ban!

Hey what else am I supposed to do at 3am? Clean?
Uh, no.

So why are you on disability?

I haven't read back into your history...forgive me.

Your meme was interesting though. Those things really help you get to know fellow bloggers!

I think I have done that one, i will have to search for it on my blog.

3:05 AM  
Blogger monica said...

This was awesome to get to know you better. :) Have a great weekned. :)

Kdubs

8:02 AM  
Blogger Shelli said...

I have a friend who's daughter spent 2 years in South America as a missionary. It was difficult for her to come back because of the guilt. I hear that is common with people who do that type of work. You feel guilty for all we have here in the US.

I bet we like a lot of the same movies since I like all of the ones that you have listed that I have seen.

I want to know how Patrick Dempsey can be your boyfriend when he is mine. Who cares that I am married. I keep him on the side and he is my sugar daddy now that he has hit it big!

So, were you an RN or an LPN? How did you become disabled? Was it illness or injury? If you don't mind saying.

I already did this one on Wednesday this week. You can find it here.

Have a good day!

9:10 AM  
Blogger LeighAnn said...

I just ordered the "Capture the Castle" on Netflix. It sounds great!

If you like that you should rent "Enchanted April". It is my favorite movie.

2:37 PM  
Blogger Suz said...

Very interesting list of 4's, always nice to get to know you better.

Love Big & You Got Mail but then again anything with Tom Hanks is usually good.

Also love GA (Yum on Patrick Dempsey), Lost & Ellen.

Hope you are feeling better.

Hugs Suz

2:38 PM  
Anonymous Im Chele In [dot] LA said...

Over from the other Michele's..
Nice background.

6:36 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I LOLed at your handwarmer comment... I reheated mine and had it for lunch today. ;) Just butter though cuz I need more sour cream.

Thank you for your prayers. I know the family can tell. I got a call today telling me the funeral is on Wednesday. I won't go, but I'll be praying then too. I can't imagine what they're going through.

Darly told DH tonight that she would like to live out on the prairie and DH is thinking this could be a good thing. We could certainly do without all our stuff.

10:10 PM  
Blogger Shash said...

I must admit, I just started watching Grey's Anatomy - I remember Patrick Dempsey from a movie a LONG time ago... he was a lawn mower boy?? "Can't buy me love" I think that was the title.

I hope you're enjoying the weekend.

11:48 PM  
Blogger Killired said...

here again from michele's... too funny.. i am the one that tagged ladybug!!!!

12:13 AM  
Blogger vanx said...

As it turns out, I do have another song:

http://verb-ops.blogspot.com/2006/01/blog-post_113764713618167128.html

How did you like New York! It's been looming over me or I've been in it for 48 years, and I love outsider's perspectives.

12:16 AM  
Blogger Carmi said...

I suspect your grandma would indeed be proud. You've evolved into a very caring, empathetic person.

12:23 AM  
Blogger utenzi said...

Hi Kimmy, Michele sent me!

Serving on missions to third world nations while growing up would have been amazing. Both good and bad. Dysentary is hard to forget! I suspect I spelled that wrong but as a nurse, you probably know how to spell it correctly, Kimmy.

While I don't think I could watch it over and over, I also love So I Married an Axe Murderer. The low-rent humor is so Scottish it's delectable. "His head is so big it's got it's own weather system" or "The piper is down, the piper is down!"

2:27 AM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Like Carmi, I think your Grandma would be bursting with pride to see the wonderful person you've become. Despite the fact that you can't count to 57 million using fingers and toes :)

6:05 AM  
Blogger mommyof4 said...

Hey I lovee Meatloaf to, nothing wrong with that;) I had a job in a nursing home as a housekeeper. It was one with apartments to and I loved it there. I got so close to the residents I hated that I had to quit when i became pregnant with my son.

10:26 AM  
Anonymous Electric Short said...

I love going over old jobs Ive had. I used to work in a telemarketing office, and Ive been telling storys about it on myy blog.

12:56 PM  
Anonymous froggirl5794 said...

how could you forget your dad's rolls YUMMMMMMM

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home