Friday, February 03, 2006

Thursday 13 (#5)

Thirteen Things I NEED TO DO (since returning home from the hospital)...

1. Send out an email update on my mom. (Update posted below.)

2. Return phone calls from concerned family and friends regarding my mom. (I hate phone calls)

3. Pay bills. (Hate this more than phone calls!)

4. Cancel mail hold.

5. Unpack our suitcases...including Snickers' travel bag...yes! she has a Martha Stewart tote-bag.

6. Wash clothes. Why is washing clothes so dreaded? A machine does most of the work. It's not like I have to use my great-grandma's washboard. (I hate this less than phone calls!)

7. Wash dishes. (I hate that I'm the dishwasher. Why is that? I have a kid. Isn't that what they're for?!)

8. Clean the house. (I hate this most of all.)

9. Reschedule Jacob's Parent/Teacher Conference. (I love that he is such a great kid that this is no big deal!)

10. Refill Snickers' prednisone and schedule a follow-up appointment for her unknown reason for itching.

11. Schedule Jacob's 6 month check up with dentist.

12. Check on Mom and Dad. (I love that they live within walking distance!)

13. REFILL LORTAB!!!! (I NEED to do this most of all! :p)

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



19 Comments:

Anonymous Dariana said...

Love the list. I let the hubby fuss with the bills, I do anything that requires the phone. Spent 3 hours on phone with Dish Network, grrrrrrrrrr.

Thanks for the update on your Mom. Keeping her in my thoughts.

Happy Belated TT!

11:27 AM  
Blogger Uisce said...

yuck, bills! yuck yuck yuck!

11:33 AM  
Blogger Suz said...

Great List! Dont get me started on bills!

Will keep your mom in my Thoughts & Prayers.

Hugs Suz

12:28 PM  
Blogger The Movie Monkey said...

I'm the bill payer, too, and don't like it one bit. Plus doing freelance work, I have to deal with creating invoices and making sure they get paid. Ugh.

I have lists all over my desk right now of things I need to get done. Hopefully sometime soon I'll actually get to them all. ;)

You're mom's in our thoughts!

TMM

12:36 PM  
Blogger AlphaGamBran said...

I LOVE KIMMY & JACOB & BEVVY & BRYANT & I guess Michael:) AND maybe Snickers even though she tried to eat Kiko.

I just sent Bevvy some hot new pj's....if she's got to be sick, she's got to look hot.

Love you lots!
Bran

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Eric said...

Sound like something I should...my wife is constantly telling me to make a list lest I forget (I usually will lose or forget the list anyhow)!

My 13 is up here: http://www.littlebitofthisnthat.com/2006/02/02/17/
Eric

1:07 PM  
Anonymous colleen said...

I guess I'm still off-centered. I thought you were putting snickers candy bars in the travel bag!

I like my dishwasher...it's dryers I don't like. They frequently ruin my clothtes...and they suck so much energy!

See you next Thursday if not before.

1:27 PM  
Blogger Norma said...

Sorry about your mom and pray that all goes well for your family.

The way to change the time and date is to click on that item on the bottom left of your posting window. It will bring up another window where you can change the date and time. I do that on Thursday to keep the TT on top.

Good luck, and thanks for stopping by.

1:37 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

Thanks for stopping by http://lillyput.blogspot.com today.

Catching up on the tt is hard to do! But feel free to use some of my ideas if you really like them. One that I'm going to use in the future is just writing down my calendar... monday the 13th/take darly to the gym...kinda boring but it shows how busy I am. ;)

I hate housework too,but the laundry isn't so bad. Darly helps me with it...can't get her on the dishwasher though. She likes to load the washing machine, but not the dishwasher...go figure!

happy friday

1:40 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

ahhhhh, laundry...I don't find it too much of a chore, except that it's neverending.
...I can't imagine days gone by when they used washboards!!!

I used to take care of the bills, but it got me so frustrated all the time that my hubby took over and now I don't have to worry about money issues...what a load off my mind that is!

2:20 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

I'm asking for more questions
fefyfomanna: Asking again...

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Im Chele In [dot] LA said...

Over from the other Michele's

2:57 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

I also pay the bills. Oh, and I hate phone calls too. I wish everyone had email, it's so much easier.

3:01 PM  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

My prayers are with you and your mom for her speedy recovery!

3:17 PM  
Blogger Joan said...

Way to multitask, Girl! Get your to-do list made AND post your 13. I sympathize with the backlog of work. Thanks for coming by my blog. I'll get you linked up this afternoon.

3:36 PM  
Blogger Charity said...

I hate doing laundry as well. It isn't the filling the washer or dryer...it is the folding and putting away that is so tie consuming. I would rather do th dishes than the laundry.

I also need to clean house, but just don't feel like it!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

5:40 PM  
Anonymous Jane said...

I'm tired just reading your list! But not as tired as you. Sitting in a hospital is EXTREMELY tiring Get some rest and I pray that your mother will continue to heal.
Thanks for stopping by my blog!

7:44 AM  
Anonymous Goofy Girl said...

Yuck I hate all those sorts of chores. I always try to put them off which makes me want to do them even less!

I like the layout- it looks snazzy!

7:47 AM  
Blogger Joe Norman said...

thanks for visiting my site. I don't know many people who enjoy the daily chores required in everyday living. Sounds like you have too many chores. ~ Joe PS I added a link to your blog on my Thursday Thirteen post.

1:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home