Thursday, February 23, 2006

Thursday 13


Thirteen favorite 2006 Olympic moments:

1. Shaun White wins gold in men's Snowboarding Half-pipe.

2. Chad Hedrick wins gold in Speed Skating 5000m and bronze in 1500m... after taking up Speed Skating (and his first pair of ice skates) four years ago.

3. Seth Wescott wins first gold medal in debut of Snowboard Cross. (Our new favorite sport.)

4. Tanja Frieden takes gold in women's Snowboard Cross after Lindsey Jacobellis falls only seconds away from finish line. Oh...Seth and Tanja are sweethearts...with matching gold medals.

5. Brothers Philipp and Simon Schock go head to head for gold in men's Snowboarding Parallel Giant Slaloms.

6. Philipp Schock wins back to back gold in Snowboarding Parallel Giant Slaloms.

7. Emily Cook defies doctors who told her she'd never walk again after crushing both feet from a fall during practice for 2002 Olympics. She was back performing in the women's Freestyle Aerials placing 8th.

8. Vonetta Flowers was the first African-American woman to win gold in winter Olympics (2002). Months later she gave birth to twin boys three months early. One son was born deaf, but can now hear sounds due to a rare surgery. Just weeks after her son's operation she had to leave for Torino...but was surprised when her sponsors (Kleenex) brought the boys to her.

9. Out of the shadows of Bode Miller and into the spotlight...Ted Ligerty wins gold in Alpine Skiing Combined and Benjamin Raich wins gold in Giant Slalom.

10. Tanith Belbin and Ben Agosto take silver in Ice Dancing...a first for the U.S. Tanith has only been a U.S. citizen for a few weeks.

11. Enrico Fabris wins bronze in men's 5000m...the first for Italy. He also takes the gold in men's Speed Skating Team Pursuit and 1500m.

12. Sasha Cohens skates a perfect short program and leads by 0.03 over Russia's Irina Slutskaya. I can't wait to see the long programs tonight!

13. Apolo Anton Ohno wins bronze in the 1000m Short Track Speed Skating and advances to 500m quarterfinal Saturday.
***I'm trying to get around to visit, but I'm in a lot of pain right now. I made it around to a few, but I can't do it anymore. I'll visit you as soon as I can. Thanks for stopping by today...kimmy***

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
1.Petite Mommy

2.Amanda

3. Renee

4. Mar

5. Dariana

6. Tanya

7. Mama!Mama!

8. Lena

9. KDubs

10. Ruth

11. Mommy of 4

12. Chloe

13. Nicole

14. Colleen

15. Courtney

16. Lazy Daisy

17. Sherri

18. Stacey

19. Emily and the Peanut Tales

20. Frog Legs

21. PJ

22. Froggie

23. Shelli

24. Lisa

25. Virenda

26. Chickadee

27. Shash

28. Chris-sea

29. Veronica

30. Yellow Rose

31. Karen

32. Killired

33. Uisce

34. Amy

35. Nancy

36. Suz

37. Kelly

38. Laura

39. Karen

40. Ardice

41. Paisley

42. Emily~ MyBlather

43. The Movie Monkey

44. Norma

45. Better Safe Than Sorry

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



51 Comments:

Blogger Petite Mom Blogger said...

I havent watched the Olympics! My TT is up!
http://www.contestformoms.com/ablog.htm

12:35 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Cool cool blog design! Love the flowers. Ahh, the Olympics...I'm a die hard curling fan myself.

My TT are up!
http://amanda73.blogspot.com

1:05 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

We haven't watched the olympics all that much here either. I don't know why, just not into them for some odd reason. I'm glad that you're keeping me all up to date on them though!

fefyfomanna: Thursday 13: School Daze

2:04 AM  
Blogger mar said...

I like your TT banner! I haven't watched the Olypmics as much as I wanted to, but I am happy to find your post after reading so much about people getting tired of it. I enjoy watching them. As an "old" skier I love snowboarding, I would have tried it if I wasn't over 40, lol! My TT is up.

2:11 AM  
Anonymous Dariana said...

I am almost ashamed to admit it, but I hate the Olympics. Thank God for my Dish Network so I don't have to watch that stuff. Am I horrible or what? lol Hmmmmm, I guess if I had to watch any of it, I would choose to see the figure skating couples. They are pretty awesome. Happy TT!

2:15 AM  
Blogger Tanya said...

And Australia's tally: one gold, one bronze. And the guy who won the gold is 21 - and was a Canadian until he was 15. Sigh. Still, it's better than the last winter Olympics when the Aussie speed skater won gold only because the rest of the field fell over. Maybe that is inspiration that I, too, might win an Olympic gold one day. Just have to choose a sport...

Alright, enough ramble. My Thurs 13 are up. But you know that...

3:03 AM  
Blogger Mama! Mama! (Mel) said...

I didn't watch the Olympics at all. I can just refer back to your recap to make up for all of my Olympic defeciency. :)

My 13 are up

3:16 AM  
Blogger Lena said...

#7 was AMAZING! I cried.

Everytime I look at your blog I have template envy!

My TT are up! :0)

3:38 AM  
Blogger monica said...

Great list. I haven't watched much so I lked the recap!

Cheers,
Kdubs

Happy TT, mine are up!

9:22 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Hey, I have enjoyed watching the Olympics. It seems that our tv has been on that channel since the beginning!! My TT is up now too.

9:29 AM  
Blogger mommyof4 said...

Wow you know your Olympics stuff! My tt are up.

9:34 AM  
Blogger Cary said...

I've loved the Olympics this time. They've been great!


Happy TT mine are up!

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Nicole said...

Love the banner!

I'm sad to say that I never watch the Olympics. *hangs head in shame*

lol Happy TT!

10:04 AM  
Anonymous colleen said...

Am I the only one who doesn't watch the Olympics? Just popping in to say hi and let you know that I've got my 13 up too.

Glad you're feeling better.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Courtney said...

I haven't been watching the Olympics this year either. Not sure why, just haven't.

My 13 are up
http://snaphappymom.blogspot.com

10:30 AM  
Blogger Lazy Daisy said...

Wow, babe, you've really been watching! Loved your post...caught up with the games through you. Glad you are feeling better. My T13 are up.

10:37 AM  
Blogger Sherri said...

# 10 was pretty wonderful, wasn't it?!

Great list! ...mine's up:)

10:47 AM  
Blogger stacey said...

Sadly, I haven't watched the Olympics in several years...it's good to know someone is. My list is up.

11:05 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

I've only been watching on and off...so I don't have a lot of favorites..

My TT are up.

11:27 AM  
Blogger FrogLegs said...

First off, oh I hope your pain goes away *HUGS* to you! And #8 was a kleenex thing indeed! :) Mine are up if you get a chance.

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Scouser said...

Haven't watched much of it myself really this year, but my all time favourite winter games moment was Torvill & Dean's 'Bolero' ice dance routine in 1984. Even now when I catch a clip of it, it chokes me up LOL. My 13 are up.

11:56 AM  
Blogger PJ said...

I enjoyed the ice dancing this year and snowbording. However, I think I like the summer games better.

My tt is up
temptrous.blogspot.com

12:38 PM  
Blogger Froggie said...

Thanks for the olympic updates! I actually haven't watched too much of the olympics yet... just catching the highlights!

Got my TT up!

12:49 PM  
Blogger Shelli said...

Pain?! I hope you feel better.

I saw when #8 happened. That was so cool.

Really--get better!

My 13

12:55 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I haven't watched them at all. :) Thanks for the updates though!

I'm sorry you're in so much pain. Now that I'm here at your blog, I'm going to bookmark you. I keep saying, "I'll go back to it" but then of course I start running around like a chicken with my head cut off...you know the story. :)

Thanks for visiting my TT! Feel better soon!

12:57 PM  
Blogger The Schooligan said...

I only watched a bit of Curling, US vs. Finland. That sport amazes me.

1:08 PM  
Blogger Virenda said...

First I love the design. :0)

I wish I watched more of the Olympics..

My kids have been sick so I haven't had the chance but thanks for the update.

Hmmin~

Hmm....

TiVoInstead of TiVo I can just go to your site.

2:10 PM  
Anonymous Chickadee said...

Uh-oh. You probably don't want to go over to my 13. I sort of complained about the Olympics. LOL.

My 13 are up though.

2:19 PM  
Blogger Shash said...

I have really enjoyed watching the Olympics this year. I caught my 7 year old son up before 7am ~ not watching cartoons ~ but watching and understanding the Olympics.

Thanks for stopping by my site!

2:27 PM  
Anonymous Chris-sea said...

Just did my first Thirteen!

Didn't know about Monday Memories... I think I'll check that out too.
This is fun!
Happy Thursday

Chrissie

2:39 PM  
Blogger Veronika said...

Not an Olympic watcher, so thank you for the update.
I so sorry you're still in a lot of pain. I wish there was something I could do.
Is your son taking good care of you?
:)

2:49 PM  
Blogger YellowRose said...

Loved The Ice Dancing and when Shaun Miller won!

I enjoy the ice skating the best!

Sorry you are in so much pain. I can relate...if you would like to email me sometime I think we have alot in common. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!

Happy Thursday!

2:53 PM  
Anonymous Karen said...

Sorry to hear about your pain, Kimmy. Take care of yourself. *smile*

2:58 PM  
Blogger Killired said...

LOVE your list and your banner!
FINALLY got mine up!

Killired: Thursday 13

3:04 PM  
Blogger Uisce said...

I'm hoping to catch more of the hockey. I think I've watched about 20 minutes of olympics all week! My 13 are up!

3:08 PM  
Blogger amy said...

I was so disappointed that Anton got bronze, and Sasha was awesome! they both skate so well in their sports.

my tt are up!

3:29 PM  
Anonymous Nancy said...

I haven't watched much of the Olympics this year.

I'm Up!

Feel better.

3:39 PM  
Blogger Suz said...

Great list! I have been watching the Olympics and saw all of those.

Sorry you arent feeling well, I hope you feel better quickly.

Hugs Suz
http://goinons.blogspot.com/

4:04 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

You know... I haven't even watched the olympics. I know. Loser.

Happy Thursday!
Mine are up.
Diary of the Nello

4:29 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

nice to see some good moments are there...besides the spoiled sports moments.
Thanks!
My TT is up

4:30 PM  
Blogger Katherine said...

Hope you feel better very soon!! I loved your post. My fav is Shaun White winning the half pipe gold b/c I've seen a lot of his interviews and he seems like such a down to earth guy.

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Ardice said...

I haven't watched much of the Olympics this time around so thanks for filling me in on some of it. I hope you feel better soon. My list is up. Take Care...

6:21 PM  
Blogger Paisley said...

I'm ashamed to admit I have not watched the Olympics at all.

6:22 PM  
Anonymous Emily said...

I haven't seen any Olympics this time around, but I just got a great sum up. :) Thanks! I hope you feel better.

My TT are up. :)

8:20 PM  
Blogger Rachelle said...

Love, love, love Olympic stuff!

9:17 PM  
Anonymous colleen said...

Kimmy, Thank you for thinking about me...and please don't feel bad if you made me think about my brothers. I don't mind crying. If you can make me feel that's a gift! Grief is just an expression of LOVE.

10:14 PM  
Blogger The Movie Monkey said...

We finally sat down and watched some of the women's long form figure skating tonight and it was pretty amazing. I'm glad we finally managed to watch some of it! I've always loved the Olympics; I just rarely make time to watch it. Sad but true.

Thanks for dropping by! I actually managed to get it up in time, eh? ;) I hope you feel better. I'll be around again after our trip to cold CO.

TMM

1:12 AM  
Blogger Virenda said...

LOL, okay KIMMY you made me feel bad.

~sniff~sniff~

(sshhh. Don't tell anyone but I didn't think you liked me.)

:0) I fixed it...

1:32 AM  
Blogger Norma said...

I try to stay awake, I really do!

Fortunately there are people watching for us and updating us.

Thanks for stopping by my TT.

12:04 PM  
Blogger Better Safe Than Sorry said...

i'm really late visiting, it's friday, shhhhh.
i haven't watched any of the olympics, but my family has been, our ladies team (i'm from canada) took the gold, it was pretty sweet!
i'm doing the tt this week too.

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Emily, MyBlather said...

Wow your favorite, I will tell Becca, she will be thrilled! :)

Steel away, she is working on sharing right now and said she would share
tomorning with you.

Thanks for dropping by!

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home