Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Pieces of Me


It's raining. I'm still hurting. And the weather isn't helping. Any precipitation or change in the barometric pressure effects my headaches and pain all over.

I wanted to explain my illnesses more instead of just throwing them out there, but it looks like that's exactly what's going to happen. Maybe that's good. It's less emotional to just blurt it out than to really discuss it. I'll do that later. I'll explain it all and tell you how it all came about.

To read about my diseases and illnesses won't help you understand me. Since the age of 13 I've been a case study. I don't fit the "type". I am not a text book case. In most cases I go against everything listed. Some symptoms are "mild headaches" whereas mine are debilitating. That's just the beginning. And I can't get into it right now.

So here's the list: my primary diagnosis is Pseudotumor Cerebri. I also suffer from (either separately or due to PTC): Arnold Chiari Malformation, Greater Occipital Neuralgia, TMJ, Fibromyalgia, Peripheral Neuropathy, Polycystic Ovaries, IBS and Osgood-Schlatter Disease. Now if that's not a jumbled mess of icky feel-bads...

There. Now you have it. Do with it what you may. Feel free to take a few off my hands. Just listen when I say... not one is fun!

I'll talk more about some later. You'll need to hear the whole story to understand better. Another day. Aren't you excited? Right.

10 Comments:

Blogger Shelli said...

Some of those sound familiar to me. I will have to ask Dr. Google. I want to understand you better. You seem like a wonderfully kind and loving person.

1:19 PM  
Blogger Rachelle said...

Hugs to you! I am so sorry you have all this upon you. It's not fair. I'll be sendign lots of prayers your way!

1:55 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

hi kimmy; so sorry you are in extra pain today. :( ((gentle hugs))

i hope you're feeling better soon.

2:11 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

Oh my, you sure have a lot to deal with. Wish I knew something to say or do to help :( {{{hugs}}}

2:27 PM  
Blogger Suz said...

Big Hugs, Definitely sounds like you have a lot to deal with health wise.

One of those does look familiar to me, I have a mild form of Fibromyalgia because of my Lupus.

You are in my Thoughts & Prayers always!

hugs Suz

3:23 PM  
Blogger FrogLegs said...

I've heard of some.. I understand about "case studies" ugh.. I hope the injections helped... ?

5:39 PM  
Blogger Marv said...

sounds like somebody can use some big hugz!! I can't say I understand what you are going through now, because I've never have to deal with all those at one time...you're in my prayer!!!

9:20 PM  
Anonymous Erika said...

Glad I scrolled down since I'm just a roaming T13r (((hugs))) to you. Hope today was good :) xox erika

1:41 AM  
Blogger Veronika said...

Thank you. I'm going to look those up because I've no idea what most of them are.
You are such a sweet person. The other day, I read your whole blog and learned a lot about you. I can tell that you're a very optimistic, compassionate, funny person. I'm glad to know you!
:)

10:06 AM  
Blogger naive-no-more said...

As a long time sufferer of debilitating headaches with no concrete diagnosis, I can empathize with you on that. I can't, however, fathom more illness on top of it.

As always, your attitude seems great. Thinking of you!

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home