Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Quick...

Received bilateral injections this morning. The numbing didn't last at all. In quite a bit of pain all over, and the injection sites are pretty painful. My sister told me he really had to move the needle around a lot. She made a digging and twisting motion after he left the room... so that kinda explains the pain.

I think I've decided to have the nerve cut. The doctor says there's a 70% chance some if not most of the pain in my head/neck/shoulders will be relieved if not totally eliminated. There's a 30% chance it won't change a thing. If that's the case he can surgically attach a nerve stimulator... but I'd have to have multiple surgeries later to change the batteries. From a girl who's had more than 20 operations... and 12 of those in a three year period... no thank you.

I discussed the operation with Jacob. He kept his head down the whole time, and I could see the disappointment and worry on his face. When I told him there's a chance a lot of my pain could go away, he looked up at me with the biggest eyes full of hope and excitement, "Then you need to do it. If it will make you feel better. That's cool." How precious is he? I know he suffers right along with me every day. And that's not fair for anyone... especially a kid. He's been dealing with this since he was three. He deserves a break, too.

I'll try to post more later. Just can't make it through right now. Thanks again for all the well wishes and emails of encouragement and support. You guys rock! Don't give up on me... I'll be around soon, I hope, to boost your stats. You can count on me. Isn't it obvious?! Well, unless your life depends on it or you're my employer or you need help with physical labor or... :p

6 Comments:

Blogger Shelli said...

I am so sorry. I wish I could take some of your pain. I can somewhat relate to your pain. I have Lupus and migraines, so I think I know a little of what you experience. It's hard for me to because you haven't said a lot about your pain, where exactly it is or what the cause is, but I do know pain to some extent.

I hope you are feeling better soon. I feel for your boy, too. Poor little buddy must worry about his mommy a lot.

Take care and get better. We'll be here.

12:33 AM  
Blogger monica said...

My heart and prayers are with you and your baby. Ok, your grown baby but whatever. I'm with you.

Hugs & prayers,
Kdubs

2:00 AM  
Blogger Veronika said...

Thanks for keeping us updated. I'll never give up on you!
You've got the most sweetest son, and I'm sure he knows that he lucked out when God gave him to you.
:)

2:32 AM  
Blogger Paisley said...

Please keep us updated! Your son is so sweet to support you like he does. I'll be thinking about you and I hope that if you decide to go through with the procedure it is very successful. You deserve a break!!!!

10:31 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

♥ Thoughts & prayers ♥

3:22 PM  
Blogger LadyBugCrossing said...

Do what you gotta do... :-)
LadyBug

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home