Tuesday, April 18, 2006

From Me!

I'm still waiting for the nurse to call me back. I called yesterday morning to tell the doctor about my new symptoms. He was in surgery all day. The nurse said she'd get back with me today. Still nothing. She did leave me with, "Boiling water. That can't be a good feeling. Didn't he prescribe pain pills?" Uh, yeah. A fourth of what I normally take on a daily basis. And yesterday I took way more than usual... nothing. How can pain pills put out boiling water? And you're right. It's not a good feeling. Duh!

One blessing. God has always put me to sleep. Not for good. But when the pain is so intolerable he's always allowed me to sleep. Even for short periods of time. I can feel the pain in my sleep even before I open my eyes, but I'm always thankful for those few minutes of sleep. I know some of you might think it's the drugs. But no. Way before the pain pills. He's always put me to sleep.

Yesterday was my first day on the computer. Well, Friday I made a post, but it was mostly all ready to publish. I just added a few sentences. Last night I finally emailed my family/friends for the first time since surgery. I felt bad about the week they spent without a word. But. I was too busy thinking about myself. And I don't allow that to happen often. I get too emotional.

So... I spent some time visiting you all. You didn't see me. I was lurking about.
I realized just how long 7+ days can be. Whew. Many of you have been playing tag. I love reading those. A few bloggers have called it quits. That makes me sad. But I was glad to catch up on most of you.

I was able to catch up on all the celebs over at Vi's. I believe Katie Holmes is WAY worse off than I! I need to slip that girl some of my pills. ;)

I love the new design Kelly made for FrogLegs. It reminds me of mine... and I just love it! ;)

Emily the peanut made me smile so big last night. You have to read this! Really! :p

I'd love to give a big shout out to all of you for your wonderful comments and many well wishes. You don't know how much your kindness means to me. Honestly! I can't thank you enough! I love that several of you went to Brandi's blog begging for updates. You're just precious!

Thank you Brandi for posting updates for me. I know you had a lot on your plate after being sick and missing work and the nasty tornadoes. Thank you for your help... and I'm so glad you're okay!

Oh! I sent Brandi and email last night thanking her for the kind words she said about me in her last update. I told her she forgot "beautiful and loud". She said, "Well, i was going to put on there since we are sisters, I can say these nice things, but decided to leave that off....HA!" Ha! If you only knew how true that was!

Here's a picture of my head/neck. There are two incisions. The one in the middle is a scar from my Chiari Decompression. The two incisions are 3.5-4+" long vertically. They are an inch thick. They look yucky because the wounds are glued shut. And with the glue lies dried blood and betadine so don't be freaked out by the looks of it. There are no signs of infection. Thank God! I'm going to try to get a better picture. Really so I can see what it looks like. The one on the right goes up more into my hairline, but I couldn't raise my arms any higher to hold back my hair. The good thing is that my hair does come down and cover the incisions. So that's good. Jacob doesn't have to look them. (And he is doing well. He is such a wonderful boy! He's absolutely amazing!) So here it is.

I've got to stop. I've been on here way too long and my body's not happy. I just have so much I want to share. I'll have to do it another time. Thanks for everything!

**update**
The nurse just called back. The surgeon said this is exactly what I should expect. (Of course, he told my sister that the first few days would be rough, but by the end of the week we'd be out shopping. HA!) So, I guess I was right. (Why does that surprise me :p) The nerve (and the branches) are dying off. They must not be happy. I can't touch my head. My hair hurts. Just walking hurts. I have to talk myself into scratching my head it hurts so bad. And that's no fun with two healing wounds. Blech! Hopefully I'll have better news soon. At least what I'm experiencing is "a good thing". (Bet he wouldn't be saying that if it was his head!)

21 Comments:

Blogger YellowRose said...

Praying that all that burning pain goes away really fast!

Hang in there....you are in my thoughts and prayers!!

2:01 PM  
Blogger Virenda said...

Love you Kimmy and I can only be happy that this IS SUPPOSED To happen. I'm just sorry it has to be so darn painful. OUCH! I hope you get some sleep and those scars look painful. I hope that within a week you are back on and feeling no pain.

My heart goes out to you Kimmy and your son Jacob.

2:26 PM  
Blogger SupComTabz said...

you have a great blog! Thanks for sharing via Blog Mad.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

Well, I'm glad what is happening is supposed to be happening, but I'm sorry it's so painful in the meantime! {{{hugs}}}

3:07 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Glad you're back on the computer and feeling better. Prayers and thoughts are comking your way! Stay strong and get some sleep! Hugs!

3:32 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

I know I haven't said much but I have read the daily updates. I am praying for you constantly and hope you are back in the Blog-O-Sphere, full time, soon!

3:51 PM  
Blogger Marv said...

My prayers are with you! I hope that freaking pains will go away soon...
Stay strong =)

5:16 PM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Ooh I know what pain is. I really am sorry about what you feel. But if God can make you sleep before the pain starts then I know he'll also take away the pain soon. Get well soon.

6:05 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

i totally agree - 'i'll bet he wouldn't say it was a good thing if it were his head!'

but i'm praying for you, that this can pass quickly, and that you can have the strength you need to get through it. take care of yourself; don't overdo it!!

emily

7:46 PM  
Blogger Faith said...

I am so sorry that you are still in pain. I missed you, hope you'll be all better soon. Praying!!

9:16 PM  
Blogger Chana said...

Good to hear from you honey. I'm sorry you are still suffering so but i'm glad that you fighting your way back. I'm glad that Jacob is your son, he sounds like a wonderful boy that God so nicely gave just for you. I don't know that any of us could handle anything you go through in a day. I look at you with awe and i hope you know how cared for you are.

9:59 PM  
Blogger Shelli said...

Thank you for updating. I wish you were feeling better. I am having empathy pain, since I have a major migraine right now. But I couldn't go to sleep knowing that you posted and I hadn't read it yet. I am thinking about you, Kimmy!

12:30 AM  
Blogger Carmen said...

Hopefully, once this pain subsides, you'll be turning cartwheels in the yard. :) I hope you feel much better soon.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Pink Chihuahua Princess said...

I'm so glad that everything is at least normal, despite your unbearable pain.

Thank you so much for letting us know how you are doing, I hope that it doesn't make you too tired or increase your pain. I am still thinking of you all the time, and I'm glad to know that you are on the "textbook" road to recovery!

8:45 AM  
Blogger Reverberate58 said...

Welcome back Kimmy. So glad that you are moving a bit. I so understand the thing about sleeping when in pain. I find it helps for a while. If you don't mind I will continue my prayers for you. Take care.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Rachelle said...

I hope the pain goes away completely soon!

12:39 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

If I could chisel you an ice block hat I would! I hope that you feel better really soon! It is good to think about yourself now and then. I am sure your family understands.

The incision didn't look so bad to me. It actually looks like it will heal up really nicely! I bet it didn't even ruin your hairstyle. :) It kind of brought back memories of my sister after her brain surgury though she had staples and the works.

I hope you feel better and that the pain ends really soon! And if you want that ice block hat, I will go out and buy a chisel tonight.

1:46 PM  
Blogger Goodbye Mes Amis said...

All the best to you! You are strong.

6:53 PM  
Blogger mommyof4 said...

Oh Kimmy I hope you are better soon!! I sending you the biggest hugs((())))!

9:02 PM  
Blogger Libragirl said...

I am glad your doing better, I guess if boiling water is good. At least it's supposed to be happening, so I guess it means your healing properly. Hopefully soon all is going to be better soon.

9:06 PM  
Blogger Katherine said...

I'm glad you're on the mend - just hope you feel better soon.

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home