Thursday, April 27, 2006

No T13 again today. I am slowly trying to get back to blogging. I've been giving myself a few hours to read/comment/post. And I am enjoying it. But I need more time to just take it easy. Tonight I over did it and took advantage of the weather. I went for a walk that was a little too long. I visited with my parents for a little too long. I washed dishes (they always last WAY TOO LONG).
My head still hurts. The nerves are really fighting back. I have my usual "8" headache. On top of that my head continues to feel raw like someone has poured boiling water on it. The left side of my head stings constantly and feels a little worse than the right side. The top, sides and crown of my head pulls and stings everytime I open or close my eyes more than a simple blink. The sides and back of my head pulls and stings when I open my mouth. And it's all over if I bend or turn my head. I still can't put pressure on my head at all... EXCEPT for the small spot that's NUMB around my right incision. It's looking like that's the only spot that's obeying and surrendering to the cut nerve. But at least it's something.
My incisions are healing. The glue is starting to fall off. Last night I was pulling a piece out that was stuck to my hair. Then I felt the trickle down my neck. Yeah. I pulled the glue off part of the incision that wasn't healed and opened it. I had to call my daddy to come over because I couldn't see the incision. And it was obvious I couldn't feel anything there. Yeah. I'm a good nurse :)


My friend Mia's brother has designed a new card game called Parlay. It is receiving great reviews. It's either Hasbro or Mattel that's looking to sign the game. Which I think's pretty cool no matter which one it is. So go check it out. Oh. And there's a little "Buy Parlay" button at the bottom ;)
(Hi Mia! Love ya!)



Visit Thursday Thirteen.com for the T13 code and all things T13 related!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

24 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

you just take care of you!
My TT is up...about my son's advenutre with his 9th surgery.

2:44 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Hope you feel better soon! I enjoyed my break as well - take care of yourself!

6:57 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Sending lots of gentle hugs your way and still praying girl!

7:24 AM  
Blogger Chaotic Mom said...

Hey, I'm glad to hear you're on the road to "recovery". I hope everything works out for you! ;)

7:56 AM  
Blogger Natsthename said...

Hope you feel better, too!! T13 hugs!!! :-)

8:03 AM  
Blogger Reverberate58 said...

This sounds so incredibly painful. That you are able to post as you are just amazes me. You certainly need the I am strong award. I wish there was more I could do for you other than continue to give encouragement. I will continue to pray and here is a virtual hug. Take care. {{{{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}}}}}

8:59 AM  
Blogger Joan said...

Get well! We'll keep coming by and check on you. Looking forward to reading you TT when you get back to it. Mine is posted.

9:45 AM  
Blogger mommyof4 said...

Takw care of yourself and take it easy!!! I will continue praying for you to heal well:)

10:30 AM  
Blogger mar said...

I was gone for a couple of weeks so I had to catch up on your blog. Take very good care of yourself! and get well soon. Sunny days are going your way! I posted my tt...

10:35 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Here's My 13, anyway. It's nice to have you back and I hope things continue to improve! I had fun drawing houses the other day!

10:45 AM  
Blogger Courtney said...

Hope you will be feeling much better soon! That's cool about the Parlay game. We like to play card games, may have to try that out! Funny pic, btw.

11:20 AM  
Anonymous feedscott said...

Get well soon

pvtB)fs

11:36 AM  
Blogger Chana said...

Sorry to hear you are in pain. It's horrible to read that normal is an '8' in the pain scale. How can we have so many advances in so many ways and still we have people in still so much pain.
I hope doggie is doing better today. Congrats to Mia's brother, i hope he becomes filthy rich and enjoys his success. Hugs.

11:36 AM  
Blogger amy said...

sending squelchies (or huggies) through the internet to you!!

take care of yourself and don't worry about blogging until you are better. we'll be here if you need support.

a new card game, huh? how cool is that? that is awesome and I hope he makes millions off it!

have a good day!

11:47 AM  
Blogger Lazy Daisy said...

Hey babe, Know you are still in my prayers. Miss you but know that healing takes a long time. btw...loved the clogs!

3:21 PM  
Blogger AlphaGamBran said...

You like the pic? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA found it in the "Brandi Drawer" in the study. Good times, good times. We ARE hot. I look 12.

3:38 PM  
Blogger It's a FLIP-FLOP World said...

Kimmy, I am so sorry that you are feeling so bad. I am happy that you are back to posting. I have missed reading your posts. I understand about pain but I think yours is tons worse than mine. Hang in there..Sandy

4:00 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

TT will still be here when you get back! :) Take good care of yourself.

4:33 PM  
Blogger Marv said...

take it easy friend!!!!! i think there are...let's see....44 more TT we can do for this year!! LOL!

6:42 PM  
Blogger Libragirl said...

Kimmy, I hope you feel better soon. Are the headaches supposed to be bad before they get better. Don't worry about us, we miss you but we will be here when you are feeling better. You do what you need to to get back to 100%, that's more important.

9:51 PM  
Blogger stacey said...

Still praying for you Kimmy...
just take it easy, we'll be here when you are ready.
~hugs~

11:54 PM  
Anonymous Emily said...

I just wanted to let you know that I mentioned you in my TT today. :) In a good way of course, Happy Thursday!

1:02 AM  
Blogger FrogLegs said...

Oh bummer on the head. :( Did they say how long it might take for it to become better? Maybe it will just take a while? Which certainly doesn't make it easier... as for snickers-- glad she's okay, and no anal glands. I laughed. I'm bad. But I've often asked for someone to just cut off whatever was hurting... maybe I should have been a dog... ? LOL!

8:40 AM  
Blogger Norma said...

That's a lot of hurting. Hope things heal quickly for you and you can return to your regular routines.

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home