Saturday, May 13, 2006

Happy Mother's Day


Before I was a Mom
I slept as late as I wanted and never worried about how late I got into bed.
I brushed my hair and my teeth everyday.

Before I was a Mom
I cleaned my house each day.
I never tripped over toys or forgot words to a lullaby.
I didn't worry whether or not my plants were poisonous.
I never thought about immunizations.

Before I was a Mom
I had never been puked on.
Pooped on.
Spit on.
Chewed on.
Peed on.
I had complete control of my mind and my thoughts.
I slept all night.

Before I was a Mom
I never held down a screaming child so that doctors could do tests.
Or give shots.
I never looked into teary eyes and cried.
I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin.
I never sat up late hours at night watching a baby sleep.

Before I was a Mom
I never held a sleeping baby just because I didn't want to put it down.
I never felt my heart break into a million pieces when I couldn't stop the hurt.
I never knew that something so small could affect my life so much.
I never knew that I could love someone so much.
I never knew I would love being a Mom.

Before I was a Mom
I didn't know the feeling of having my heart outside my body.
I didn't know how special it could feel to feed a hungry baby.
I didn't know that bond between a mother and her child.
I didn't know that something so small could make me feel so important and happy.

Before I was a Mom
I had never gotten up in the middle of the night every 10 minutes to make sure all was okay.
I had never known the warmth, the joy, the love, the heartache, the wonderment or the satisfaction of being a Mom.

I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much before I was a Mom.

********
BlogMad is celebrating Mother's Day by giving away credits to mom's who post their picture with their children. So here we are (the only two photos I have on the computer. and I'm way too lazy to upload more :p)... I'm a BlogMadMom

Kimmy and Jacob
Mother and Son
Mommy/Mom/Mama and Jacob Wacob
My baby and me...


********

To all my mom friends... this is for you. I wish you a Happy Mother's Day!

14 Comments:

Blogger Chana said...

Do you realize how stunning you are? You are a good looking lady my dear....and your Jacob is a sweetheart and a cutie for sure...You do know i have 2 younger girls eh? ...ha, ha, lol, just saying ;) for the future...imagine how good looking our grandkids be...okay enough teasing..

thank you for posting pics of you two..good to place faces to the wonderful girl i have met through her words...

Your poem is wonderful and very true...thank you for sharing it.

My dear friend, i hope you are fine. I hope that everyday brings you a bit more relief of that horrid pain you deal with.
I want to thank you for your encouragement and your friendship. For your time and your kindness. Please know that i often think of how brave you are and how strong and how fortunate i am to have met you.

Happy Mother's Day my friend. Hugs.

12:47 AM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Very nice picture of mother and son. How mom puts up with all of those things.
Happy Mother's Day.

4:01 AM  
Blogger Marv said...

finally we get to see you =)
lovely photos!!
happy mother's day to you =)

10:42 AM  
Blogger Bar Bar A said...

What a wonderful pic of you and your son! Very Happy Mother's Day to you!!!

5:02 PM  
Blogger ...jus me said...

Oh Kimmy, what cool pictures of you and Jacob! His is a doll, for sure!
Hoping each day is better than the one before.
Happy Mother's Day Kimmy!

7:23 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Thanks Kimmy! Right back atcha! Enjoy your day and relax a bit!

9:13 PM  
Blogger stacey said...

Kimmy, you are so beautiful. And Jacob is a doll baby. Happy Mother's Day to you!
Loved the Hoops and Yo-Yo card, I sent it to my mom.

9:52 PM  
Anonymous BlogMad Admin said...

Hi there!

happy Mother's day!

your account has been credited with 250 credits!

Regards

5:05 AM  
Blogger bettybetty said...

Like your before i was a mom poem/rant/rave. It's all so true, one day we will sleep soundly straight through the night into the late morning with nothing and noone to wake us up. I don't think it will be anytime soon. Happy Mommy's day kimmy!

5:11 AM  
Blogger LeighAnn said...

I hope you have a great day today!

11:16 AM  
Blogger novaks8 said...

Happy Mother's Day Girl!!

I pray for you to heal and get some relief from your pain.

Jacob is a lucky guy!

11:40 AM  
Blogger Reverberate58 said...

Definately a good picture. Very cute boy. The card was wonderful Thanks.

Hope you are feeling better.

Happy Mother's Day to you!

5:03 PM  
Blogger Virenda said...

Love you Kimmy and I hope your enjoying your day with your beautiful, lovely son. I also hope you get to spend it with your mom. HOpe your family is feeling better. As always I'm thinking about you.

5:53 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

What a cutie boy you have. Hope you had a wonderful mother's day.

I've been thinking about you and hoping you're feeling even a teensy bit better.

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home