Monday, May 15, 2006

Mother's Day Cards

Mother's Day was wonderful. Not because I felt well, but because I spent it with my family. My baby sister surprised me and came down for a few hours. (She's the sister that stayed with me after my surgery.) We chatted back and forth a little, but mainly just sat beside each other. Isn't that great? When it doesn't matter what you do or even say that makes a visit so wonderful? I love that. Don't get me wrong... I'd rather be talking. Anyone who knows me knows that. And I think you all know that by now ;)

My parents came over for dinner. They brought the food and everything. Again... isn't that the best! ;) My mom is looking so much better. She still wears out easily and can only eat small amounts, but she is looking so much better. Her hair is starting to fill out (where she lost a lot from malnutrition) as is her face. Her color is back to normal. Can't say she's gaining weight, but at least she's not losing it! She's looking great (have I mentioned that?). She is as beautiful as ever. Like I've always said... I can't wait to look like my mom!

Jacob was anxious to give me his Mother's Day gifts. They were awesome! I have to take pictures of them to share with you. All gifts were handmade. I'll share the rest of the story when I share the pictures. I'll say this now and repeat it later... Jacob is THE BEST son in the world! He has the biggest, most caring heart. It's so large his chest cannot contain it! And I am so blessed to have him in my life!!!!!!

The first card is obviously from Jacob. You should know he gets his art skills from me ;) Add the fact that he's a male and a lefty. The odds are stacked against him!



The drawing cracks me up!
I seriously thought it was a picture of me and the hairs on my chinny chin chin ;)



This card played, "What A Wonderful World," by Louis Armstrong.
He knows how much I love my Louis!
And let me just tell you... the boy picks out his own cards.
It's his thing. He's done it forever.
Before he could read he'd choose a card for the pictures and how they related to the person.
No joke. The boy's awesome!
I'm training him to become a wonderful, thoughtful husband. (You're welcome Chana!)

Obviously from my parents.
The inside is beautiful, but I wanted to share the outside.
I am so throwing that in my mom's face when she gives me that look of disappointment ;)

I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day. What would we be if it weren't for our kids? I won't allow myself the thought.

22 Comments:

Blogger ...jus me said...

Happy Mother's Day Kimmy, glad you had a great one! Give Jacob a hug for me!

4:55 AM  
Blogger monica said...

Awwwwwww! I love those cards. :) I love your sons. Being a single mom is such a taxing, difficult road but so rewarding. They were the hardest yet most treasured years of my life. I just wanted to encourage you today that although we don't "know" each other in person, I'm so proud of you for your constant faithfulness to your son and your role as his mom. There are blessings awaiting girl.

Cheers,
Kdubs

6:59 AM  
Blogger Mindless Dribbler said...

Awwww...that's great Kimmy. I'm male and a lefty but looks as if Jacob already has me beat!

Glad your Mother's Day was awesome.

7:43 AM  
Blogger LadyBugCrossing said...

You are a very lucky mommy!!
xo
LBC

9:17 AM  
Blogger Chana said...

I can see where he gets his angel wings and thoughfulness. It seems to be genetic through the mother genes thingy (oh i'm so smart, i kill myself lol)...I can't say enough Thank You...i showed the kids and you wouldn't believe all the Ahhhhs and wow and hey that is so cute (they are learning from me)...I'm glad that you had the day with your loved ones. I think i missed something for i don't know why your mom was/is ill....Maybe it was a post before i came along. I think i need to go into the archives..I'm glad that she is doing better and sorry that you are still in pain.
All the cards are beautiful and you deserve each one of them and all the joy in the world...

9:57 AM  
Blogger Better Safe Than Sorry said...

if we didn't have our kids, we won't be moms. those cards are great, black turtleneck and all!

11:33 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

Sounds like you had a good day....

(((hugs)))

Happy(late) Mother's Day!

12:20 PM  
Blogger Carmen said...

I'm glad you felt better for Mom's day. And you've been posting for the last couple of days, so that medicine must be working. I'm glad you're feeling a bit better.

(And cute pics with your son)

12:39 PM  
Blogger It's a FLIP-FLOP World said...

Kimmy, nice to see you out and reading blogs again. I have missed you a lot. I wish that you would get well and stay that way but until then I wish the best with each day that passes. You have a great son...you are truly blessed.

2:09 PM  
Blogger Sadaf Trimarchi said...

Just stumbled over here via chic mommy's site. Had to comment on the cute cards - and also LOVE your blog template. So bright and cheery!

S

2:31 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

So glad you had a nice mother's day!

2:57 PM  
Blogger Virenda said...

So of course you made me sad. SIGH!

Honestly your son sounds like a fantastic person and I can't thank you enough for producing such a lovely boy that's going to turn into a lovely man.

I'm glad you had such a nice time and I'm REALLY glad your mom is getting better. I hope you too start to feel better.

3:30 PM  
Blogger Chana said...

those cards are keepsakes! Happy Belated Mother's Day! My boys (www.addisondanes.blogspot.com) got me a card and some Berry Blast Mike and Ike's..they know how to butter me up! Ok...I will be on the edge of my seat tonight with Grey's Anatomy....hopefully I don't fall off! How can I stand the suspense until next season???? I need Nip/Tuck to come back on to take my mind off of it...Julian McMahon (Christian Troy) will fill the void Dr. McDreamy is about to leave.

5:05 PM  
Blogger Marv said...

that's the sweetest thing!!!!
oh yeah...grey's anatomy tonite!!!!! i can't wait either!!

7:36 PM  
Blogger stacey said...

I'm so glad you had such a nice Mother's Day.
Still praying for you...

9:47 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

Happy Mother's Day. Glad you're feeling well enough to post.

2:01 AM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Very nice to have a family like that.

6:16 AM  
Blogger Reverberate58 said...

I think Jacob has great potential. My son is a lefty too. We had some really fun times with me trying to teach him things not being left handed. I refused to force my right handedness onto him.

The cards are great. As stated above several times it is good to see you out and about. Sure hope things are getting better for you. Your still on my prayer list! Take care.

7:28 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Oh! I'm glad you had such a good time! You totally deserved all of it!

...all my sister did was hurt my feelings, but, I'm not a mom so I guess I can't really say my weekend was ruined. I'm just "not allowed" to play with my niece anymore.

11:25 AM  
Blogger Chic Mommy said...

happy mother's day. my kids drive me nuts but I wouldn't have it any other way.

2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anele said...

Hi darling,
I'm glad you enjoyed my blog, I like yours too. And the cards... lovely!!!
Hope to hear from you soon! Stay well! Huggies!!!

6:06 PM  
Anonymous froggirl5794 said...

of course my nephew is an angel, look at his mom! kim, you are an awesome mom, sis, and friend. i love you guys. your sis, season

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home