Friday, June 30, 2006

I'm Alive with a Friday Funny!

I'm still here. Thank you for your emails and comments and concerns and well wishes. We've been having a lot of rain and storms which make the headaches worse. Any change in the barometric pressure and my head feels it. The increased pressure in my head feels like my brain is going to burst out of my head. It's like the worst sinus headache you've ever had multiplied by 20.

My eyes are bulging a little and CSF has been leaking out of my ears in larger amounts. I'm puffy all over. My hands and fingers swell so much they ache/hurt and I can't use them. My feet and legs swell so much it's hard to walk sometimes. But today... not so bad.

I'm still taking the nerve medication for the nerve pain. The pain is a little better. The burning is gone, but I'm still having a lot of pain when I rub my head or wash or dry or comb my hair. Things like that. I have one numb spot on the back of my head. Still hoping for that to spread out.

The medication makes me even more dizzy and forgetful/confused. That's one reason I haven't been posting much. The post I wrote about Whitney Cerak and Laura VanRyn took me 3 hours. I had such difficulty typing and remembering words/spelling and such. I don't feel good enough to spend 3 hours on the computer so I haven't been posting. Forgive me for not visiting you. Hopefully I'll get around to you all soon.

Jacob's been playing a lot of make up baseball games. A total of 7 rain out games. Two weeks ago he played five games a week. That was pretty hard on me, but I wouldn't miss him play. His team did well... 3rd place at the end of the season. Not bad considering 5 games were played with 8 boys. One game only 7 boys showed up... so a players little brother sub'd. He was 6!!! But that was one of the best games. The cute thing was seeing him stand next to Jacob. The little guy didn't even come up to Jacob's waist!

I'll leave you with a Friday Funny...

During one of Jacob's baseball games our team had the bases loaded. (Jacob was on second base.) Out of the clear blue sky one of our players decided to steal second... with BASES LOADED and no chance to steal!

The boy started waving his arms and yelling at Jacob to run. "Run! Go! Go! Go!" But Jacob's motioning for him to get back on base and showing him the other runner stuck on third base.

The first baseman yells at the pitcher just as the pitcher was turning around to see who was yelling "Run!". The pitcher throws the ball to first to get our player out.

The player huffs to the dugout blaming Jacob for his out.

Duh!

I turn to my mom and say, "That kid's a few fries short of a hamburger!"
Brain problems! :)

17 Comments:

Blogger ...jus me said...

Glad to see you Kimmy! I knew you were most likely having a rough time since you had not been posting. Glad you were able to go Jacob's games. It is so great for the kids to see their parents watching and so many kids have no one to go watch. jacob must feel really special when he knows what you are going through and you still come to see him play.
Praying for God's faithfulness and mercy with your medical issues Kimmy. Take care!

1:42 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I come here every day hoping to see a new post...glad you were up to it today...I think we've all missed you. Hope you are feeling better very soon...I'll keep you in my prayers.

2:24 PM  
Blogger It's a FLIP-FLOP World said...

Kimmy, you are back. I think about you a lot when I go to reading all of my favorite blog and you are not showing up. I cannot begin to imagine the pain that you are going through. I know with migraine I can understand a little but they have me on medication now that is stopping them. Thankfully!! We have had our 14 year old granddaughter staying with us for the past 2 weeks. She leaves tomorrow. She is one of 5 granddaughters that we are lucky enough to have. Please take care of yourself...Sandy

4:52 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

I'm so glad to see you :) I'm sorry you are dealing with so much pain! I hope that will all get better very soon!

5:45 PM  
Blogger jennster said...

LMFAO- i love baseball.

6:05 PM  
Blogger Libragirl said...

I complain about my headaches but I know they aren't half as bad as yours. Hope you feel better soon.

Don't worry about visiting. Get better, that's more important

7:39 PM  
Blogger Shelli said...

Kimmy, I have been missing you and thinking about you. I will keep praying for you and I hope you are feeling better soon.

9:22 PM  
Blogger Pink Chihuahua Princess said...

Yea for the one numb spot! The chihuahuas and I are thinking of you and hoping that it spreads all around for you.

10:42 AM  
Blogger Reverberate58 said...

Any message from Kimmy is a good thing. I do worry about you and for you! You stay in my prayers that this will eventually abate to where you can live a more noraml life. Thanks for taking the time in you pain to post for us.

And your funny worked for me!
Hope you are having a good weekend and can enjoy your 4th holiday!

6:51 AM  
Blogger LadyBugCrossing said...

Oh, I'm so glad that you are up and moving - albeit slowly. I have missed you very much. Take the time you need to get better. We'll keep checking in.

Your funny is definitely a funny!!

LBC

9:12 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

i'm glad to see you posting, but still think of you daily!! you're in my prayers, and i just hope that the nerve pain will GO AWAY!

1:17 PM  
Blogger Mindless Dribbler said...

Still thinking of you Kimmy...

And I know jacob really appreciates the fact you dont want to miss his games.

Keeping you in my thoughts and don't worry about visiting other sites....we mainly come just to check in with you.

11:29 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Hi! I hope you're doing well. Blogrolling said you were "new" today LOL.

Thinking of you!

8:16 AM  
Blogger Lynda said...

I am sorry you still aren't feeling well. I am glad you have such a supportive family. I am sure it makes all the difference in the world.

Glad you are alive!

4:12 PM  
Blogger Lena said...

Since I put my fries IN my burger, that makes perfect sense to me. ;)

Glad you're back and hope you get to feeling better and better Kimmy!

7:18 PM  
Blogger Marv said...

glad to see your post!!! i hope you feel better soon! miss ya!!!

8:27 PM  
Blogger Chana said...

i'm back and pleased to read your words. it's nice to read about what is going on with you and Jacob. i'm so sorry though that you are still in so much pain.

hope that things do get more settled soon, so that you may feel more free of that horrid pain.

best wishes and lots of love and hugs.

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home