Friday, September 01, 2006

Friday Funny


Morris and his wife Esther went to the State Fair every year, and every year Morris would say, "Esther, I'd like to ride in that helicopter."

Esther always replied, "I know Morris, but that helicopter ride is 50 dollars, and 50 dollars is 50 dollars."

One year Esther and Morris went to the fair, and Morris said, "Esther, I'm 85 years old. If I don't ride that helicopter, I might never get another chance."

Esther replied, "Morris that helicopter is 50 dollars, and 50 dollars is 50 dollars."

The pilot over heard the couple and said, "Folks, I'll make you a deal. I'll take the both of you for a ride. If you can stay quiet for the entire ride and not say a word I won't charge you! If you say one word, it's 50 dollars."

Morris and Esther agreed and up they went. The pilot did all kinds of fancy maneuvers, but not a word was heard. He did his daredevil tricks over and over again, but still not a word. When they landed, the pilot turned to Morris and said, "By golly, I did everything I could to get you to yell out, but you didn't. I'm impressed!"

Morris replied, "Well, I was going to say something when Esther fell out, but 50 dollars is 50 dollars."

(an email from a friend)

11 Comments:

Blogger About me said...

hehe! This one could almost be true after that many years of marriage. j/k.

12:04 AM  
Blogger Shelli said...

tee hee hee. That's pretty funny.

1:30 AM  
Blogger LadyBugCrossing said...

LOL!! Love it!
LBC

9:34 AM  
Blogger monica said...

heee heee you're too cute...love the weekly wisdom!

9:41 AM  
Blogger It's a FLIP-FLOP World said...

I have read this before and thought it was hystericall.(sp)!! CUTE!! Hope you are feeling better.....

11:00 AM  
Anonymous the hiker said...

hey ur blog is one of my favourite, hell it is currently my favourite-urs is one cheerful blog-keep it tht way....(all smiles)

12:03 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

...still laughing...good one Kimmy!! :)

1:51 PM  
Blogger FruitfulSpirit said...

50 dollars is 50 dollars!! LOL This is too good not to pass on! Made me smile! Hope you have a great weekend!

3:36 PM  
Blogger Chana said...

loved it, loved it...she deserved it lol....what a grouch to keep him from his dream,,grrrr...lol...

glad he got to ride it..

my sweet i hope you are well. with as little pain as possible. hope Jacob is well, enjoying the bus ride. i love you so very much dear. someday we will meet i know..we will spend many hours just laughing amongst the tears of life....

take care. you are forever in my mind.

6:20 PM  
Blogger FrogLegs said...

Wahhahahhhahaha! I'm on the phone 3 way with my mom and sister-- all of us laughing!

9:12 PM  
Blogger Irish Church Lady :) said...

LOL. I thought at the end the two of them were going to be dead from fright. Well actually one of them is dead, but not from fright!

12:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home