Friday, September 22, 2006

Friday Funny



Okay... the following funnies are courtesy of Jacob. He was on a roll last night... I love that boy ;)

[My daddy had knee surgery a few weeks ago. My mom (you all know she's not well herself after her massive surgery and recuperation due to Crohn's this past year...) has been running herself sick. Back and forth to the doctor for four people, caring for my dad, cooking, running errands, etc. I asked our church for help since I physically can't cook nor do I trust my brain to remember to shut off the gas stove.

Wonderful, lovely ladies answered the call and have been bringing home cooked meals for us. And since the very first dinner was delivered... what a huge difference in my mom! She actually has color... and energy... and has eaten herself sick (which you know says a lot since she was not able to have anything by mouth for 7 months!!!).]

So last night we were eating some chili. After adding salt, pepper, chili powder (and I don't like spice!), cheese, saltines... nothing was helping the flavor of this dish.

I finally looked over at Jacob and said, "Jacob, this tastes like school chili."

He looked at me funny.

I said, "Well, from what I remember."

"What you remember."

"Why? What does it taste like now?"

"Food poisoning!"

HAHAHAHA!


Later that night we walked over to Mom and Dad's. Mom and I needed to talk about Daddy's upcoming surgery. (Daddy's having surgery today on his prostate. Days after his knee surgery his prostate almost landed him in the emergency room... without getting into private matters Daddy probably wouldn't want me to discuss on this here blog :p) Mom and I were talking about surgery time and how long the doctor thinks surgery's going to last.

My mom said, "She thinks it will take about 2 hours to 'shave' him."

Jacob got a funny look on his face. After a few minutes he said, "Why would it take her 2 hours to shave?"

Then it hit him... we were talking about Papaw's surgery.

"Oh, it'll take 2 hours to shave his prostitute!"

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

OMG! We were all laughing so hard it was actually silent in the house. Then we all started gasping for air, snorting, smacking our legs, Hee Hee Hee-in', Ha Ha Ha in'... that kinda funny! Just too much!

Later... as we were walking home Jacob asked, "What's a prostitute?"

Ha!

10 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

That is just hilarious! I laughed for a full two minutes myself!

I'm so excited to see that you're blogging. I haven't visited for a while. Hope you're feeling at least the teensiest bit better.

11:39 PM  
Blogger Chana said...

ahhh, he is still so naive, i swear just like my kids and that is how it is better if you ask me..they tend to grow up so fast and loose their childhood innocence more often than not these days...my kids are different i know but it's a good thing..they don't have to learn all about the sex and stuff out there..not yet...well, the older one is alot more sophisticated but still nice...

he is truly funny...he sounds so cute. just like his mommy..

the best of outcomes to your daddy. may he heal from both surgeries soon. and to your mom, my goodness that poor woman is doing too much but i can just imagine that she loves you all so much..how could she not..i'm glad that there is a little rest for her..my poor friend Kimmy, i wish i could help somehow..plenty, plenty of times i have had ladies bring me dinners..i know of months when i was still not walking that i didn't feed those kids...God is good. Charity is kindness and the love we are often demonstrated is worth millions..

God Bless them. God Bless you and your family my sweet. I love you all so very much.

12:16 AM  
Blogger AlphaGamBran said...

My boyfriend is hilarious ;) It wasn't Aunt Jayne's chili, was it? ;)

1:25 PM  
Blogger It's a FLIP-FLOP World said...

Man, wait till he finds out!! Then he will probably turn red all over and not like himself for a bit...but that is how he learns I know. You need to remember this to tell him when he gets older...Say in front of his wife to be? Ha...no maybe not!! just a thought. Nice to see you blogging. I always enjoy seeing your name on my bloglines...How are you feeling?
Sandy

2:55 PM  
Blogger Pink Chihuahua Princess said...

A prostitute! How funny! Kids' innocense can be really entertaining.

9:44 PM  
Blogger Shelli said...

I darn near woke my husband with laughter, girlfriend. His prostitute. Did you tell your dad that? Hilarious.

2:48 AM  
Blogger FrogLegs said...

Wahahahaha!! that's it crazily funny- love it!! :) I agree-- you gotta tell your daddy if you haven't already!

8:34 AM  
Blogger Mindless Dribbler said...

Ha...kids say the funniest things.

At least he's showing to be inquisitive :)

Hope you had a great weekend Kimmy and I'll be thinking of your Dad.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Courtney said...

LOL! Too funny! Thanks for the laugh.

12:04 PM  
Blogger monica said...

I can not get past the picture. LOLOLOLOLOL

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home