Thursday, September 28, 2006

Thursday Thirteen (#21)



Thirteen things about my week:

1. My daddy had surgery last Friday. He's doing fine. No signs of cancer. And his prostitute's back to work. (Yeah. Now you just HAVE TO click the link :p)

2. I was able to go to the hospital and wait with my mom during Daddy's surgery. But I paid for it for several days. I was in so much pain I couldn't move... and I was of no help to my parents.

3. I had to pick up dog food and medicine from the vet's office Monday.

4. My grandma drove me. I'm still not completely over the embarrassment of having to rely on my parents or my 74 year old grandma because I'm not allowed to drive (due to health problems) these four plus years.

5. I didn't feel like leaving the house or even changing from my pajamas that afternoon. But I'm so glad I did... On my way back to the car I saw a friend sitting in the passenger seat of the car parked right in front of ours. It was a dear friend from church. She's my grandma's age, but we've been friends for a long time.

6. I hugged her at least a dozen times. We cried. We laughed. We couldn't stop touching and holding each other. Either my hands were rubbing her arms or her hands were rubbing mine.

7. She has breast cancer. She was diagnosed 5 years ago. She had a radical mastectomy with chemo and radiation. She was in remission for years and lived with "only" the side effects.

8. The cancer is back. It's spread to her bones. She's gone through more chemo. She was wearing her little turban. And sometimes when her tired blue eyes looked up at me she looked just like my grandma. (The grandma I took care of during her battle with cancer... cancer won.)

9. I didn't want to let go of her touch... I think it's the last time I'll ever see her again.

10. Yesterday afternoon my mom stopped by after work. She told me my Uncle Brian's wife, Margie, has breast cancer. They've known for a little while, but didn't want to tell me because of my health. The surgeon was able to remove all the cancer and told her it was stage one. What a blessing!

11. My uncle said he's prayed more over the past several days than he has in years. I'm glad... but I hate when people only seek Him or believe in Him when times are hard for them. God is good ALL the time! Never limit His goodness and grace!

12. Jacob (my ten year old son) has an appointment to see his pediatrician this afternoon.

13. He's going to be tested for Long QT Syndrome. And I'm ready to know the results of the EKG NOW!!!!


*This past week three people emailed me about Baylie. THANK YOU... and keep the orders coming! So far I've sent in an order of 61 bracelets and 14 t-shirts... a total of $486 for Baylie for Brains!!!!! (click the link to read more about Baylie and her bracelets... and order some while you're there ;) Let's do the same this week! :)

Matching T13 banner courtesy of Nello!

Thurday 13 member since January 7, 2006
Visit Thursday Thirteen.com for the T13 code and all things T13 related!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



*Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting*




Get the auto-link thingy here!

27 Comments:

Blogger Virginia (Jenny) said...

I'm amazed by you. Sometimes when people ask me how I do it through my trials, I know it's God who strengthens me because I alone would break under the pressure. My son has Aspergers Syndrome but it's not life threatening. It's certainly been a challenge though.

11:40 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

Sounds like you just need a hug! (((((bighug))))))
Happy TT!

11:56 PM  
Anonymous Janet (fondofsnape@gmail.com) said...

Good lord, you've got alot going on in your life! I hope things turn out well on ALL counts!

12:28 AM  
Blogger YellowRose said...

I'm so glad things went well with your dad! Keeping you and your family in my thoughts!

Loved the "prostitute" story! That was priceless!!! LOL

Happy Thursday, mine is up!

3:51 AM  
Anonymous Silver said...

*hugs* Good luck on all this and Happy TT :)

4:01 AM  
Anonymous Alethea said...

Not to compare, because all of our experiences are unique, but haven't you noticed the "when it rains, it pours" theme? Like you, once I've encountered death, I wanted to *touch* the people I care for, I noticed all the previous peripherals who also had cancers or congenital malformations that were threatening (or, alas, taking) their lives - but I realized that, for example, for my daughter, she was living in the present and not in fear of the future. And I should do the same with respect to her. Don't worry about Jacob if you can help it. What's important is you're keeping an informed eye on him, on yourself, and you can seek support (from us, if not others). Chin up, sweetie!

4:29 AM  
Blogger novaks8 said...

love you girl!!!!

I wish I could do a spell and make it all better!

Unfortunately, I am just a muggle.

4:39 AM  
Blogger Carmen said...

Kimmy,
I don't know if you get told this enough, but you are an awesome woman, and have such a big heart and so much strength! You are one of my blogging heros. :)

7:45 AM  
Blogger Mindless Dribbler said...

Breast cancer is so freakin' vicious. I feel such sorrow for anyone who has it....

I'm sure Jacobs results will turn out great Kimmy!

And, I hope you're feeling lots better yourself.

If you're wanting a smile, I posted another "Deadly Demon" video today ;) i know how much you like'em.

You take care girl.

9:14 AM  
Anonymous colleen said...

You keep your spirit up above the fray so well. And sense of humor too...I see as I look at the horse smile below.

My 13 just washed up.

10:11 AM  
Blogger Ghost said...

I get such strength from reading blogs like yours because you have so much to give. Thank you.

Very glad to hear that your father is all right and I will keep your friend in my thoughts and prayers.

11:49 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

I couldn't get passed the #1 without laughing my head off. I had to go read the story behind that one. Then, I had to read it to my husband, who also got a kick out of it. :)

My TT is up.

4:51 PM  
Blogger monica said...

Oh sweet girl. I'm so sorry for the hard times you are going through and I wish I could help you. Breast cancer is awful. Cancer is awful. Watching people you love suffer is awful.

You're in my heart.

8:20 PM  
Blogger Chana said...

this is the third time trying to leave a comment, blogger is being very naughty again. i hope it takes.

i'm glad that your dad is well after the surgery and that you were able to be there. so sorry you paid for it afterwards. don't feel bad that your family has to help you. you wouldn't think of it twice if Jacob needed you regardless of your or his age. remember that is what a family is there for too. love, support and care for each other. i go to my neighborhood Safeway often in my pj's..and have run into people i know but i don't mind too much..they look like casuals a bit..i'm so happy that you got to see your friend. i'm sorry you are so sad and that she is dying. may she not be in pain at all i hope. i'm concerned for Jacob. pls let me know asap. i hope and pray for only the best of news..i know how horrible it was waiting for Keka's prognosis/diagnosis...after my dad and mine, i couldn't breath when she was diagnosed..i hope we don't have any of that in common. pls hug him for me..i'm glad that your aunt is being treated early. she will be okay i hope. cancer is horrible..illness is horrible..i wish there was no illness..

love you..soory about Bailey. i read her update. she is so young and suffers so much..i'm soory...

9:38 PM  
Blogger Marv said...

i pray for you every day! i hope you feel better somehow!

12:06 AM  
Anonymous Jen said...

pleased your dad is doing fine I pray that he continues to recover

praying for you

4:24 AM  
Blogger MommyBa said...

You and your family are included in my prayers. Take care and I hope you'll feel better soon!

Happy weekend!

7:04 AM  
Blogger FrogLegs said...

Many thoughts for your baby & you-- so stressfull waiting for any kind of test result-- but when it's your baby- minutes seem like weeks, and weeks... well forever. Hope your weekend was wonderful- and that this coming week brings you many many wonderful events. :)

12:58 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

Jacob is so cute! I am glad you dad's prostitute is doing ok!

12:31 PM  
Blogger Chana said...

i want you and Jacob to know that you are both people i'm grateful for in a day of Thanksgiving.

3:37 PM  
Blogger Bubba said...

I try not to, but sometimes I wonder why God allows us to go through what we do. I feel bad worrying about my 'stuff' now after reading your profile. All I have to deal with are fibro, blinding headaches, and IBS. The IBS and fatigue is what cut my workday short today.

I love your blog. I will pray for you and the people that touch your life (including Baylie!).

And, in a final selfish note, I hope no one ever has to shave my prostitute.. ;) Thanks for the laughs and food for thought.

God Bless!
Bubba

10:06 PM  
Anonymous ribbiticus said...

sometimes you only have faith and that alone can do miracles. mine's up too! ;)

12:58 PM  
Blogger Mindless Dribbler said...

Just checking in with you Kimmy...hope everything is alright with you.

7:08 PM  
Blogger Chana said...

haven't heard in a while from you my sweet..hope you are okay hon..kisses and hugs to you and Jacob..

2:53 PM  
Blogger LadyBugCrossing said...

Hope your Dad is doing well after his surgery. Loved the comment about the chili in the Fri. Funny! I'm still laughing about that one!
Have a good day - don't push yourself too much, k?
LBC

9:02 AM  
Blogger Pink Chihuahua Princess said...

Oh my! I'm worried about your son now. Please let us know some news!

Give Snickers a kiss for the chihuahuas and me.

10:55 PM  
Anonymous mominprogress said...

My prayers go out to you and your family and Bailey too :) First time visitor but will be back. Happy TT.

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home