Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thursday Thirteen #23 and a Friday Funny



Thirteen things I am thankful for:

1. My family. I am nothing without them!

2. Freedom. To live how I want. To think what I want. To do or NOT DO what I want. To worship my God freely and openly and not be persecuted for it.

3. The troops that continue to sacrifice their lives and families for our freedom.

4. The vets (like my daddy, brother-in-law, uncles, grandfather and friends) who fought for our freedoms and sacrificed so much.

5. My daddy, brother-in-law, uncles, grandfathers and friends all returned home safe!

6. My sense of humor and seeing it in Jacob.

7. Our dog, Snickers. She's been a wonderful and therapeutic friend!

8. The food in the fridge and pantry.

9. My parents who make dinner for Jacob and me because I'm not able.

10. God who takes care of my finances continually!

11. Cable and Netflix. Hey! It takes my mind off of... my life ;)

12. Our house. It's not much, but it's warm and keeps us safe.

13. Last, but certainly not least... my Jacob. He is my heart completely. I thank God for trusting me with such a beautiful, tender little boy!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

*So far I've sent in an order of 68 bracelets and 14 t-shirts... a total of $521 for Baylie for Brains!!!!! (click the link to read more about Baylie and her bracelets... and order some while you're there ;)
I continue to receive emails and orders for bracelets. And it never fails that a T13er inquires about or purchases bracelets after reading about Baylie.
Thank you... and let's keep it up! :)

Matching T13 banner courtesy of Nello!

Thurday 13 member since January 7, 2006
Visit Thursday Thirteen.com for the T13 code and all things T13 related!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



*Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting*




(early) Friday Funny... Thanksgiving Style


One year my mom went to my sister's house for Thanksgiving. Knowing how gullible my sister is, my mom decided to play a trick. She told my sister that she needed something from the store.

When my sister left, my mom took the turkey out of the oven, removed the stuffing, stuffed a Cornish hen, inserted it into the turkey, and re-stuffed the turkey. She then placed the bird(s) back in the oven.

When it was time for dinner, my sister pulled the turkey out of the oven and proceeded to remove the stuffing. When her serving spoon hit something, she reached in and pulled out the little bird.

With a look of total shock on her face, my mother exclaimed, "Patricia, you've cooked a pregnant bird!"

At the reality of this horrifying news, my sister started to cry. It took the family two hours to convince her that turkeys lay eggs!

(an email from my mom)

9 Comments:

Blogger ...jus me said...

Oh Kimmy, it is so good to see that you felt well enough to post. I have been so concerned about you and checking for an update of how the surgery went. As always, I am in purple puddles reading your post. You are so loving and gentle. You are an example to all of us. Love and hugs coming your way, and prayers too. Thank you for posting...I know it wasn't easy.
Blessings, Tari

1:32 PM  
Blogger It's a FLIP-FLOP World said...

Kimmy, I am so happy to see that you are feeling better!! At least you are posting so that is good ! I always think about you...Sandy

4:03 PM  
Blogger ...jus me said...

Happy Thanksgiving Kimmy. I am thankful for you.
Hugs, Tari

8:57 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

it's truly inspiring knowing that you, a person with so many health problems, can still find so much to be thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving!

...oh, and thanks for the good laugh...I'll have to make sure my sister reads your turkey funny :)

2:13 PM  
Blogger Smurf said...

lol... that is funny... And you had a lovely list! Happy THanksgiving and TT.

4:31 PM  
Anonymous Jen said...

Happy Thanks giving
wonderful list
we have so much to be thankful today and everyday

8:01 PM  
Blogger Chana said...

i'm grateful that you have so much love and family and support. i'm so grateful that you are who you are and Jacob is yours. i'm grateful that your surgery went well and there is hope.

i love the story of your sister. i feel for her, she sounds like me, lol..Happy Thanksgiving to you and Jacob and all your family.

much love.

10:41 PM  
Anonymous Stacey said...

That's a wonderful list of things to be thankful for. I hope you and your family had a blessed holiday.
I think it's amazing that you've been able to raise so much money for Baylie. You truly are an angel. Keep up the good work!
As always, I will be praying for you and your family. Just remember, God loves you and never allows you suffer without a purpose. You now have a wonderful testimony to share with others. God hasn't deserted you in your time of need and you haven't turned your back on Him either. That says a lot about your character, Kimmy.
Much love to you and yours,
Stacey

11:08 AM  
Blogger Lynda said...

I am glad you have so much to be thankful for. That is what it is all about.

I am late with my comment. :)

12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home