Thursday, November 30, 2006

Thursday Thirteen #24



Thirteen things about my birthday:

1. I was born at 11:30 p.m. on 11/30 (30 minutes before my due date).

2. My parents thought (hoped) I would be a boy.

3. I was going to be named Matthew Lynn.

4. They didn't have a girl's name picked out.

5. They weren't allowed to leave the hospital without naming me.

6. So from a name book came Kimberly Ann.

7. And that's how my creativity was stifled! ;)

8. I was sent home in a Christmas stocking.

9. I still have it and set it out each year... for Christmas not my birthday :p

10. I keep my birthday cards from year to year.

11. I don't read them over and over... just stuff them in a box. (I'm a hoarder in training!)

12. I've always liked my birthday cake to be strawberry (fresh, homemade strawberry cake)... until my best-friend got me hooked on rasperry truffle cake. Yummy! But just as my luck would have it... the bakery closed this summer!

13. Last year my parents ordered this cake for me. UPS didn't deliver it until 8:30 p.m. And it was terrible! I could hardly swollow the first bite. The worst part was my mom was so excited. She was on her third month with absolutely nothing to eat or drink and hooked up to TPN. I didn't know if I should choke down the cake and tell her it was great or tell her the truth.
(She heard from her hero that the pralines from Savannah Candy Kitchen are the best. She sat with their catalog thumbing through the pages for weeks. I'm sure she even drooled over some of the pages. Seriously... for the entire 7 months she couldn't eat she watched the FoodNetwork 24/7. Crazy lady!!!! So Sandy... have you ever tried their pralines?)

*So far I've sent in an order of 68 bracelets and 14 t-shirts... a total of $521 for Baylie for Brains!!!!! (click the link to read more about Baylie and her bracelets... and order some while you're there ;)
I continue to receive emails and orders for bracelets. And it never fails that a T13er inquires about or purchases bracelets after reading about Baylie.
Thank you... and let's keep it up! :)

Matching T13 banner courtesy of Nello!

Thurday 13 member since January 7, 2006
Visit Thursday Thirteen.com for the T13 code and all things T13 related!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



*Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting*





13 Comments:

Blogger Christie said...

happy birthday!! i sent my sister a cake this year ups, and now that i think about it, she didn't tell me how it was! haha! happy birthday and happy tt!!

10:44 AM  
Blogger Blonde Chick said...

Great list! Love the one about the cake... lol

11:04 AM  
Blogger Chana said...

I think Kimberly Ann is a fine, beautiful name. I'm glad you were not a boy. You make a beautiful girl.

Happy Birthday my friend.
Happy Birthday Kimmy.
Happy Birthday to one we love.
Happy Birthday to you.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOOXXOXOOX

11:30 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

Happy Birthday Kimberly!
Hope you have an absolutely wonderful day!

That Raspberry Truffle cake sounds scrumptious!!

Again have a great Birth day!! ;)

12:44 PM  
Blogger Carmen said...

in addition to happy birthday wishes, I'm sending you a virtual strawberry cake. :)

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Stacey said...

Happy Birthday Kimmy!
That cake looks really good, it's hard to imagine that it tasted that awful...but I guess looks can be deceiving.
Big hugs,
Stacey

2:10 PM  
Anonymous Chickadee said...

Happy Birthday! I think it's cute that you were sent home in a stocking.

My 13 are up.

2:52 PM  
Blogger Smurf said...

Happy Birthday! Feliz Cumpleanos! Joyeux Anniversaire! What a great TT! It was fun.. how neat is it that you came home in a stocking and you were born at 11:30 on 11/30... that is awesome!!! Happy TT Kimmy!

6:08 PM  
Blogger Southern Girl said...

Happy Birthday!! You know, you share a birthday with my favorite pretend boyfriend, Clay Aiken. ;) And you and I share a middle name!

Hope you've had a great day!

6:42 PM  
Anonymous s@m said...

Happy Birthday!!!

I hope you have a great day!

7:39 PM  
Blogger ...jus me said...

Happy Birthday, my friend! It was my Grampa's birthday too! Hope you had a great day!

2:34 AM  
Blogger It's a FLIP-FLOP World said...

Kimmy, Nice to see you posting and NO I have not eaten Savannah Sweets pralines. All of the candy in there is so expensive and if you have forgotten I am losing weight. It has been 18 months now and I have lost 30 lbs and 32"!! I am not quitting NOW!!
I wish that I had known it was your birthday...SO I am very late but I hope that you had a VERY, VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Take care..Sandy

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Jenny Ryan said...

Happy Birthday!

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home