Friday, December 15, 2006

Friday Funny... Funny, funny!

A few weeks ago my twin (minus five years), Brandi Shea, took me out for a birthday lunch. After talking and laughing and eating I was surprised I was feeling so well. So we decided to go to T.J. Maxx.

We walked around, found some good buys, laughed at some of the crazy (and hideous) things for sale, and annoyed the other shoppers, I'm sure.

After spending way too much time picking out $3 bras, I told Brandi I'd meet her up front because I needed to pick up something for Jacob.

I turned the cart around in the narrow lingerie aisle and made my way toward the front of the store. I stopped by to look at some jewelry and picked up a yummy blanket for Jacob.

I made my way up to the front of the store and waited in line. The long line. With only two cashiers. Oh well. I had nothing else to do... and I really thought about opening the bag of Lindor Truffles. Mmmm!

Another cashier opened a register and two women that were behind me rushed up to her register. Ugh! Hate that! So rude! Anywho... I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned and expected to see Brandi, but instead found an older lady with a very serious look on her face. In a low voice she said,

"Um, there's something on the back of your sweater that will be a little embarrassing if you leave the store."

Great! You ladies KNOW the first thing that I thought of. My mind was racing, my heart pounding, and I was already embarrassed.

I turned and brought the back of my (long) sweater around to find the source of my embarrassment!!!!

Just then Brandi walked up. As I had to UNWEAVE the plastic panty hanger from my sweater. Yeah. Un.weave.

How in the.world did I get a pair of granny panties (not even a cute thong or boy short... granny panties!) WOVEN into my sweater... walk through a store... stand in line in front of people... and no-one notice? Well, I'm sure it's not that no-one noticed, but no-one stopped from laughing long enough to tell me.

No-one until my little angel. Whom I'm sure went home and shared the story with her family and laughed the rest of the night.

'Cause y'all know I did.

8 Comments:

Blogger It's a FLIP-FLOP World said...

So nice to see you pop up on bloglines again and to hear that you are out shopping!!! YEAH!!! Here you do not get to go out often and this happens to you..Poor thing!! But I bet it was FUNNY!! I would have come and told you believe me I would!! I even tell people when their tags on their shirts are sticking out...see that is ME!!! Laughter is so good Kimmy!! You need it...Come see my TT if you have the time. Sandy

7:53 PM  
Anonymous Stacey said...

Oh man, I bet that was a sight to see. Had I been there, I would have come up and told you also, but I know a lot of people don't do that. I'm forever self-conscious when I go out in public-I'm always positive I have a big booger hanging out of my nose or something.
It's wonderful that you can laugh at yourself though. I probably would have died right there.
Glad to know you got to get out of the house for a little while. Hope you are feeling better.
Love ya!
Stacey

10:41 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

This would only happen to you! Did they have a name written on the inside like the pair you gave me???

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Marv said...

oh gosh!!! that's absurd and hilarious!! hahaha!
glad to know you get to feel a bit better!

8:23 PM  
Blogger ...jus me said...

It could have been worse Kimmy...could have been toilet paper stuck to your sweater in the back!

1:58 AM  
Blogger Pink Chihuahua Princess said...

Oh dear! I'm glad someone pointed that out to you.

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Slick said...

Kimmy!! Hey girl!

Whoa....funny story. Glad you got the uh...situation resolved before you went to even more places ;)

2:43 PM  
Blogger Chana said...

here is to a great woman, a wonderful mommy and a great friend. i hope you and Jacob along with your beautiful family enjoy a very special Christmas. may your health keep on improving and may your days be filled with joy and peace. i love you. i miss visiting your wonderful blog..be back soon i hope..

hugs to all.

1:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home