Sunday, January 21, 2007

It's About Time... It's Our Time!!!!!!

Way to go COLTS!!!

What a great team. What a great game. What a great WIN over the Patriots... 38-34... after being down 21-6 at half-time. Awesome, awesome game!

Personally, though I'm glad to see the entire COLTS team move on to Super Bowl 41, I am SO PROUD for Peyton Manning and Coach Dungy. These two men have worked so hard and deserve so much.

My heart goes out to Tony Dungy who just last year lost his oldest son to suicide. This has to feel so good for him emotionally. Then again I'm sure it rips his heart not being able to share this great moment with his beloved son, James.

Tony Dungy is a wonderful man, coach and Christian. I'm so proud he's humbly leading our COLTS to victory and our country through history as one of the first black coaches to make it to the Super Bowl. One of the first black coaches... because this year TWO black coaches leave their marks on football history! (I say "black" because my daddy doesn't like to be called "African American"...) Lovie Smith said it best, "I hope for a day when it is unnoticed... but that day isn't here."

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

7 Comments:

Blogger Southern Girl said...

Woo hoo!! I'm thrilled, too! Coach Dungy and Peyton are both class acts (unlike a certain opposing coach and quarterback I could name, but won't.), and I'm just so happy for them. A little sad for Dungy, too, as I'm sure he's going to think often during this time how much he'd love to share this with his son. :(

12:25 AM  
Blogger novaks8 said...

My son came running in the room jumping and yelling!

He was so excited!

12:54 AM  
Blogger LadyBugCrossing said...

It was a great game, huh? There were some amazing plays and some really bad plays...

Enjoy the superbowl!!!
LBC

6:46 AM  
Blogger It's a FLIP-FLOP World said...

My hubby just told me to tell you Kimmy..that not to worry because HIS BEARS are going to WIN anyway!! smile..my husband came out of the womb cheering for DA BEARS; DA CUBS and DA BULLS!! We are from Illinois!! He is so excited that he can hardly stand himself!!

Sandy

6:11 PM  
Blogger Pink Chihuahua Princess said...

You sound so excited! I'm so out of the football loop that for the first few sentences of your post I was wondering if I had missed the Superbowl.

I hope you're feeling okay!

7:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi ;)
hey... what brainsick news!
what do you think about it?

9:21 PM  
Blogger Shelli said...

It was an awesome game. I rooted for the Colts and am happy they won. Congrats!

Happy to see you posting. I hope you are well and I miss you always.

1:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home