Monday, November 26, 2007

A Boy's Dream

On Saturday my twin sister from another mother, Brandi, came down to visit. Even though I didn't feel like it, I talked myself into getting out of the house. (Where I've stayed for months... minus Jacob's birthday lunch.) We (Brandi, Jacob, his buddy Ethan and I) decided to join the rest of the crazy shoppers in an attempt to boost the nations economy. You know... take one for the team :P

Our first stop... TARGET! Our favorite getaway!!!!

Jacob and Ethan were standing in the pajama department as they waited for me to drag myself away from the clearance rack. (Target clearance = my obsession.)

Two 12 year old boys in the middle of robes, pajamas and nighties. Yeah. You guessed it!

Ethan held up a nightie

and said, "See! Now when I get married this is what my wife's gonna wear."


Jacob, not to be outdone, picked up a different nightie.

"Yeah, well my wife's gonna wear this. It's got ventage, AND it's see through!"
(Yeah. Ventage. As in tiny little holes in the material. My boy.)

Just when I was about to stuff a sock in their mouths Ethan grabbed another pair of pajamas...


and said, "Now, she won't be wearin' these. No girl should be wearing these."

I lost it. I laughed so hard.

Partly because those boys are just hilarious!

Partly because they're going to be SORELY disappointed!

And partly because I was thinking, "Man, those flannel pajamas look comfy!" :P I guess that says a lot about me and my life :D

17 Comments:

Anonymous Slick said...

KIMMMMMYYYY!!!!

Hey girl!! You HAVE been missed!!

I'm glad you found me, again!

Them boys sound like they've been hangin' around me too long ;)

And you're right....after they married, women really turn into flannel animals!

Glad to be visiting you again, girl :)

2:51 PM  
Blogger It's a FLIP-FLOP World said...

Finally I get to leave a comment!! I keep trying and it would not let me!! NOPE I do not need any pain pills. smile!! i have tried them and my knee hurts anyway!! Not much helps it at all. Thanks so much for the offer!! smile. So nice to hear about you in Target...makes me feel good to know that you must be feeling some better!! I did not go out that BLACK FRIDAY!! I worked instead. I bet you don't know that I work at CURVES now.
Sandy

5:54 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

OMG! That is hilarious!

8:20 PM  
Blogger Alana said...

That is hilarious!

Yes, I have to agree...sorely disappointed.

Thanks for the laugh!

10:22 PM  
Blogger Mar said...

This is so cute! Michele sent me your way after a long time (!) and I am very glad she did. Have a lovely day!

2:21 AM  
Blogger LadyBugCrossing said...

Hey!!!! You're back!!!!
Yippee!!!!
Love that pajama story!! OMG!! That is sooo funny!
xo
LBC

6:18 AM  
Blogger Alana said...

Hey Kim,

Can I link to this post on my blog? It is hilarious and I think some of my girlfriends would get a big kick out of it!

Let me know!

6:45 PM  
Blogger JP's MOM said...

That is hilariously true!

I say that as I sit in fron of my computer wearing my most favorite fleece jammies!

7:47 AM  
Blogger Janelle said...

I came from Alana's blog. TOO funny! I love those flannel ones...

Your blog design is precious.

8:16 AM  
Blogger The Greens said...

That's hilarious!
I'd go for the flannel pj's everytime.

9:33 AM  
Blogger shelley said...

Oh My Mercy, that is Funnny! I had to go back in your blog to see how old your son was...12, wow. I have a 1 year old son, and he is ALL boy. I'm sure I'm in for some treats like that in the future! I hopped over from Alana's blog...thanks for the laugh!

10:02 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

those boys are hilarious!
...it will be quite a few years before the reality of women and their flannel pj's sets in.

I love my flannel pj's :)

10:48 AM  
Blogger Darlene R. said...

This is my first time on your blog. I came here through Alana. This is such a funny post!
I LOVE your "more cowbell" picture on your sidebar.LOL

7:57 AM  
Blogger Sue @ Praise and Coffee said...

Hysterical!

6:55 AM  
Blogger TopChamp said...

this is very funny!

8:00 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

Who knows? They might get lucky. My wife doesn't wear anything to bed.

4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally a person that puts some real work into a blog. I do like what you have done with the blog.
My website is on [url=http://www.depressionsymptomsmedication.com]Depression definition[/url].

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home