Wednesday, November 14, 2007

It's Been a Long, Long Time


I can't believe how long it has been since I've been here. Nine months. No baby, but a lot has changed!

I'm just going to give some highlights. If I give the details I'll never get this thing posted.

First, I want to thank you for your emails. They mean a lot to me!

Please forgive me for scaring you by my long absence and thank you for understanding. You're awesome!

*The biggest news... Jacob and I moved in with my mom and daddy. We moved in June 16. We're still adjusting, but we love it. (And I never thought I'd say that!)

*I'm no longer taking Lyrica. Thank you, Jesus! One huge reason I wasn't posting was because of my illness and severe side effects from this medicine. Swelling, difficulty breathing, petechiae, difficulty walking, difficulty talking, inability to write or use my right arm.

I suffered an increase in my Pseudotumor symptoms. My neurologist refused to believe the symptoms were due to Lyrica and was adamant the problem was literally in my head. But I demanded he wean me off. I was on such a high dose that it took me almost 7 months to get off the medicine. Within a matter of the first month of weaning I noticed a decrease in the symptoms. Hmm... who was right?!

*I handed my computer over to my mom's co-worker to fix some major computer problems and install a new hard drive. I was without my computer for months!!!! I hated it. My computer's still not completely fixed, but it's much better. And I still have the 75,000 pictures I was afraid I'd lost!

*Jacob turned 12 recently. That was tough. Not that I don't see him every single day. Not that I don't notice that his feet are bigger than mine or that the pants he wore last spring look like high waters. Or that I have to LOOK UP at him. I guess it's just because the number is so close to TEEN. :(

I have so much more to say. I'll get it in another time. I promise!

Thank you for your friendship!

13 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

I was so surprised when my google reader showed a new post from you!

Glad to hear that you're doing ok, I've wondered about you.

hope you don't stay away for another 9 months :)

2:32 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

kimmy!!! i'm so glad to see you back. i've thought about you many times, hoping you were well.

glad that getting off the lyrica improved some of your newer symptoms. and mostly i'm glad you're back to your blog. :)

3:29 PM  
Anonymous Stacey said...

I was so happy to receive your email the other day and to know that you are doing much better. I've checked your blog from time to time, and figured you weren't posting because of your health. I'm glad you're back! Congratulations to Jacob on his birthday!
I will keep all of you guys in my thoughts and prayers.

8:14 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

i send you an email back.

i am so HAPPY that you emailed and that you posted.

I have MISSED you SO MUCH!! ;)

i'm so glad you are done with that awful med and now you are better.

i'm so happy that you are alright.

happy belated bday to Jacob hon..

my eldest just turned 17!!! i'm not old enough i tell you,lol..

i must have had him when i was 2,lol..

sorry we missed his bday but tell him how special he is in our home and how i haven't forgotten how he is betrowned already, lol (do you remember all that talk, we had fun with it eh?)

hope to see you around much more. thank goodness for computers and thank goodness that you are in good company at home now.

God Bless and love ya....xooxooxoxooxoxo

2:02 PM  
Blogger Shortie said...

OMG I'm so glad you are ok. My blog changed names and I changed my blog name ;). If you jump over it will make sense... I think.

I'll email you. Hugs!!!

(I was big in wordless wed :))

6:12 AM  
Blogger It's a FLIP-FLOP World said...

Kimmy!! You don't know how happy I was to see your email just a minute ago!! I have been so worried about you and wondering how you are!! I did not know how to get in touch with you except for your email!! I am so happy to have you BACK!! REALLY!!! I am going to be praying for you!! I hope to see you posting again soon!! THIS IS GREAT!! Please take care.
SANDY!!

10:02 AM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Yay! Welcome back! Whoo-hoo!

12:18 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

hi kimmy! i tagged you! at my place...

11:46 PM  
Blogger Alana said...

Hey friend! Just got your email and had to pop over for a visit! This will be a fun way to stay in touch. Love your design...you've been at this a while. I'm just a newbie...I started last May, but I love it!

Love ya!

11:08 AM  
Blogger Pink Chihuahua Princess said...

Thank you so much for coming to visit my blog! I am just so excited that you are doing okay. I was so afraid that you were deathly ill.

Take care!

1:34 PM  
Blogger Veronika said...

I'm so glad you're back! It sounds like things are going great now. It's hard to believe your son can get bigger than his mamma, isn't it?

3:42 PM  
Blogger Veronika said...

P.S. SOOO glad you didn't lose valuable pictures!

3:43 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Good to see you back!

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home