Thursday, April 24, 2008

The 4-1-1

I know it's been a long time. Another long, unplanned absence. I'm sorry!

I can't be on here long. I can only give snippets of information at this time. It just hurts too much to type, and I can't see very well.

I found out in December that I'm losing my peripheral vision. I had my annual field of vision test (my normal hour and a half visit of tests, dilation, more tests, more dilation...), and the doctor was alarmed with the amount of peripheral vision I have lost since last year.

Bummer!

I was sick most of the winter. Sick, sick. Cold, flu, bronchitis, sinus infection (and let me tell you a sinus infection on top the increased pressure in my head is NOT pretty!), walking pneumonia... that type of sick. It was a really bad winter, and I'm glad it's over!

My head aches have been worse. The pain is unbearable. The doctor has been trying different meds to help ease the pain. So far no luck!

My pseudotumor symptoms are getting BAD. I'm more confused. I'm misplacing items. I am having difficulty remembering things. I am having difficulty finding words or finishing thoughts. I am dizzy and have difficulty walking. I'm falling. I'm not sleeping. I'm going to bed and waking up with jeans and a sweater and shoes on. I'm getting dressed with my underclothes on the outside. My vision is blurry. I'm having trouble seeing. I'm having severe eye pressure and actual eye pain. I'm having spinal fluid leak from my ears. Etc...

I got in to see the doctor yesterday, and I'm having surgery tomorrow morning. I'm not thrilled with having to have brain surgery number 11 (out of 27 operations overall). But I am very eager to have this operation as I am VERY worried about my vision. As I've discussed before... vision loss is irreversible and can even lead to blindness.

I trust God has this all planned out, and I am safe in His arms! "'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" Jeremiah 29: 11.

I am looking forward to sharing God's blessings with you! I'll try to update you soon.

love and hugs...
kimmy

11 Comments:

Blogger Alana said...

Hey Girl, I've been wondering about you. I'm so sorry to hear you've had such a rough winter. I'll be praying for you, keep me posted!

Love ya!

4:46 PM  
Blogger Flip Flop Floozie said...

So good to see you back but wow!! You just have had everything!! I will be praying for you this morning!! I hope that someone will let us know how you are.

Sandy

9:13 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

that sounds like a lot of overwhelming symptoms. i hope the surgery helps -- your attitude couldn't be better! you'll be in my thoughts and prayers!

1:46 PM  
Blogger ...jus me said...

Kimmy girl, I am praying for you! I pray the doctors will be able to find a way to ease some of your pain. May the Lord be with you!

2:50 PM  
Anonymous shannon said...

praying and believing in agreement for your quick recovery here is seattle! hugs :)

12:53 PM  
Blogger *~Tey~* said...

Wow Kimmy, my prayers and thoughts are with you. We hope to hear from you soon. God Bless you!

1:08 AM  
Blogger The Greens said...

Sweetie...what a time you have had.
I will be praying for all things to be revealed to the doctors and for healing and peace for you.

1:34 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

hi, hope you are well. i see you posted my pic from that one summer, lol...my blog is going private so i can feel free to blog again. pls make sure i have your email so i don't miss out on more time with you.. love

(miiiiissss you...check your emails xo)

10:19 PM  
Blogger novaks8 said...

been thinking of you

will be praying for you

email me if you want to chat

novaks8 at gmail

10:15 AM  
Blogger Melzie said...

Just popping in.. hoping you are well... thinking about you still..

3:59 PM  
Blogger ...jus me said...

Has anybody heard an update on Kimmy?

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home